Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What are the worst travel websites to use?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the worst travel websites to use?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Alaska, United, Chase
Great idea.
I will vote for two Chinese airline websites.
1. Hainan Airlines - When attempting to book multi city flights you are first presented with the choices for your first leg. Once you pick the flight you want and click "continue" you should then be presented with your choices for the next flight. But you always get an error message instead. So it is actually impossible to book using their website.
2. Air China - You can only use their website to check on or change seat assignments, order special meals, input your day of flight contact info, etc., etc. if you used their website to book the ticket. If you got your ticket any other way you are out of luck. Furthermore if you search their website for the meals available in First or Business class you will find that there are two menus that differ slightly found in two different places on the site. Last but not least, there is a direction to verify any ticket not ought via their website to go to skytravel.com, a website that is only in Chinese.

BTW I hate to type on this website. It takes foer and you have to keep going back to type over because it onlction of t your input the first time. I think I has to do witht eh auto save function. FRUSTRATING
Franky16 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Originally Posted by MrVette
Great idea.
I will vote for two Chinese airline websites.
1. Hainan Airlines - When attempting to book multi city flights you are first presented with the choices for your first leg. Once you pick the flight you want and click "continue" you should then be presented with your choices for the next flight. But you always get an error message instead. So it is actually impossible to book using their website.
2. Air China - You can only use their website to check on or change seat assignments, order special meals, input your day of flight contact info, etc., etc. if you used their website to book the ticket. If you got your ticket any other way you are out of luck. Furthermore if you search their website for the meals available in First or Business class you will find that there are two menus that differ slightly found in two different places on the site. Last but not least, there is a direction to verify any ticket not ought via their website to go to skytravel.com, a website that is only in Chinese.

BTW I hate to type on this website. It takes foer and you have to keep going back to type over because it onlction of t your input the first time. I think I has to do witht eh auto save function. FRUSTRATING
Minor correction, it’s TravelSky, not SkyTravel. I guess their main passenger volume are PRC citizens so they don’t really care about foreigners who don’t read Chinese.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:48 am

Who mentioned bugs? Not the OP. My own list would be nearly identical to Mike B's.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:26 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Closed pending moderator review. Thanks.

/JY1024

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.