Break up reason

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Break up reason

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Deal breaker would be people who don't even believe in miles / points. They think it's a scam. Yup, good for me. Moving on.
Sealink likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:09 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I married a FlyerTalker and yes, ours was a mixed household (I was a United 1K when I met her and she was an American Gold). We were bicoastal for our first year and took turns flying to see each other and meeting in various cities for dates (flying our respective carriers). Ironically, we're mainly a SkyTeam household now that we are married. The great thing about being married to a FlyerTalker is you never have to explain or justify the need for mileage and mattress runs or choosing flights based on equipment and chances for upgrades.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
When it comes to Airline alliances, I am trisexual

I love *A, but dislike UA. For domestic, DL wins...but Skyteam is a little lacking. Oneworld for CX. I will spread the love!
Sealink likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Fraser
There was a girl I was dating that was a diehard (and stubborn) Delta frequent flyer and wasn't open to flying AA,
I wouldn't blame her! Who wants to patronize an airline who amongst all else values delays, cancellations and passenger inconvenience

-James
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I married a FlyerTalker and yes, ours was a mixed household (I was a United 1K when I met her and she was an American Gold). We were bicoastal for our first year and took turns flying to see each other and meeting in various cities for dates (flying our respective carriers). Ironically, we're mainly a SkyTeam household now that we are married. The great thing about being married to a FlyerTalker is you never have to explain or justify the need for mileage and mattress runs or choosing flights based on equipment and chances for upgrades.
Seems like a good compromise! While I'm contractually obligated to fly * to maintain my Gold status I hear DL is very good for hard/soft product, on time departure and customer service.

Here's to wishing you and your wife an expedient path to a million miles!

-James

-James
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Uhh, it decreases your pool by 11/12. leaving you with 1/12....
I said "reduced by a factor of 1/12", meaning that one's dating pool with this restriction is 1/12 times what is would be without the restriction." You would be right if I had said "reduced by 1/12."
Sealink likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by adamak
Deal breaker would be people who don't even believe in miles / points. They think it's a scam. Yup, good for me. Moving on.
I did as well until I booked my first RFS. Airfare was over £200 but got it for £35 plus Avios, that I had collected via Tesco!
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
My partner played the field, buying the cheapest available fares. Then I used my DL plat benefits to gift her Silver status. She somehow cleared the upgrade on her first flight with status. I may have created a monster.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I have enjoyed some very tender kisses on my wife's return from trips where she has unexpectedly turned left rather than right, courtesy of*G and an upgrade voucher.
aroundtheworld76 and Sealink like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.