My 25 Best Beaches in the World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Thanks for the list you are much more well traveled than me. I was glad to see the best beach that I have seen make your list: Cap Juluca on Anguilla.
I am going to make every effort to hit Amanpulo sometime in the next year and a half.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:19 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I have been to several of the beaches mentioned, including those in Seychelles. I am surprised to see that the beach at Mauna Kea on the Big Island of Hawaii hasn't been mentioned. It surely ranks among my top 5 in the world. Included in the top 5 would also be Jost Van Dyke in BVI.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:35 am
Suspended

A couple of those i've been before, like the Amanpulo in the Philippines, but looking through the list has made me miss summer now! Will have to travel to the south hemisphere to experience it all over again
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
I hope someone can help here with a very specific request.

We are looking for the names/locations of a some particularly CALM beaches with WARM water. (I meant calm water, but let's include the human activity, too. That is, not looking for Party Time Beach, etc.)
Baby Beach, Poipu Beach Park, Kauai
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by Pausanias
Yesterday on this Forum [The Luxury Hotels and Travel Forum] someone was asking about the best beach within a couple of hours of Bangkok. I told him what I thought. Then it turned out that he wasn’t interested in the best beach, merely a luxury hotel that was on a beach.

So I started to think, what are the best beaches I have ever been to. Maybe I should get my sun hat on and compile a list.

I suspect I might I have visited more countries and lazed/strolled/swum/snorkelled off more beaches than anyone on this Forum. Age counts for a lot, you see. And that also gives me perspective. If I were writing this 20 years ago I might have included Maya Bay in Thailand or Boracay in the Philippines. Both are now closed due to unsustainable levels of visitors and, therefore, pollution. I might also have included Matira Beach on Bora Bora or Long Beach on Phi Phi Don . . . The list of disillusion goes on. Beaches are also subject to change - a hotel might suddenly ruin a fabulous wild beach (such as the Four Seasons in Nevis) or an existing charming hotel (like the Phi Phi Island resort) will expand horribly. Or a typhoon or hurricane might swoop down and destroy that precious arc of sand and its protective reef. It’s not a precise science, just an incoming tide of memory.

Here is my top 25 list. While not all of these beaches have hotels on them they offer gorgeous sand, trees for shade, scenic interest, safe swimming, sometimes a coral reef, sometimes a drop-off. They are usually remote. I could have included Copacabana or Waikiki but this isn’t that sort of list. There are gaps: While I have visited every country lying between the USA and Colombia, I am unfamiliar with their coastlines. I have yet to visit places like Fernando de Noronha, the Marshall Islands and Kiribati, where stunning beaches are to be found. I haven’t included any beaches in the Maldives because I just don’t like the Maldives.

I have restricted myself to the tropical zone and start from zero degrees longitude and work my way westwards -

Long Beach, Ascension Island
Mayreau, St Vincent & The Grenadines
Curtain Bluff, Antigua & Barbuda
Cap Juluca, Anguilla
Little Dix Bay, British Virgin Islands
Caneel Bay, US Virgin Islands
Parrot Cay, Turks & Caicos Islands
Jamaica Inn, Jamaica
Pukarua, Tuamotus, French Polynesia
Matavai and Mahina Bays, Tahiti, French Polynesia
Motu Tevairoa, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Aitutaki Lagoon, Cook Islands
Lalomanu Beach, Samoa
Alofi Island, Wallis & Futuna
Champagne & Lonnoc beaches, Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu
Kanumera Bay, Isle of Pines, New Caledonia
Palau Pacific Resort, Koror, Palau
Mangiatan/Sembilan Island, Flores, Indonesia
Amanpulo, Pamalican, Philippines
Tanjong Jara, Malaysia
Saman Villas, Sri Lanka
Grand Anse, La Digue, Seychelles
Aldabra Atoll, Amirantes, Seychelles
Peponi Hotel, Lamu, Kenya
Bom Bom Island Resort, Sao Tome & Principe

If I had to name just one, the ultimate beach, it would be Isle of Pines, New Caledonia.
Why do you restrict yourself to the tropical region? I would like to know more good beaches in the higher (in absolute value) latitudes where I can visit them, preferably with about 15C water temperature in summer. Tropical region is TOO HOT.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:50 am

Where is this beach shown in the Bloomberg TV commercial?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: formerly UA GS, now lowly MM lifetime gold :(
Any list of this sort without Grace Bay (Providenciales, Turks & Caicos) makes me question the entire list.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 3:46 am

An interesting concept, but of course lacking. In Australia we regularly have publication of similar lists of "10 best / 20 best beaches" but within the country (and still many fabulous beaches are unknown). I'm sure Mexico, Brazil, Fiji, US etc etc all could fill many pages with stunning beaches.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Lots of beautiful beaches all over the world. I have only read about them but I have good experiences in India beaches and I mention them:

1. ORA BEACH, INDONESIA

2. AKAROA, SOUTH ISLAND, NEW ZEALAND

3. GRAND ANSE, GRENADA

4. Goa beaches

5. Kovalam Beach

6. Mahabalipuram Beach

7. Marari Beach

8. Om Beach

9. Malpe Beach

10. Promenade Beach

11. Varkala Beach

12. Alleppey Beach

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.