Reload this Page >

Rocketrip - Tips Tricks Thoughts and Rants

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Rockett0
1. Use the chrome extension - really cuts down on time.
2. For hotel enter an address not just the city. Entering "LA" will cause your budget to be much lower than entering an address in LA.
3. If rocketrip finds a cheaper flight, but it doesn't meet you schedule, adjust the 2 hour +/- windows so that their cheaper flight no longer is in the window. <- Doesn't always work. May cause your windows to include a later or earlier flight that also doesn't meet your schedule.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 9:51 am
Original Poster

We now have rocketrip (no relation) as an incentive at work.

I'd love to get a thread going on how you have been able to take advantage of this program for your corporate travel.

Any tips or tricks to note?

My thoughts so far . . .

The few trips I have plugged in has their expected budget to be about $150 lower than what I've already booked in Concur. The primary reason is I choose Hotels that were closer to the customer site, and offer free breakfast.

Part of the issue is that Algorithms like this don't take into account things like.

1. The Hotel across the street will mean less uber cost.
2. The Hotel where you have status, may mean less Breakfast $ expenses.
3. The difference between a 4 hour window flight time, might mean you make the required webex meeting, and take the $75 higher cost flight. Still in the windows, but a few bucks more.
4. My preferred airlines is preferred because I can get a "Comfort Class" seat and actual use the tray table with my laptop. Getting work done, the budget airlines means I have my arms in a yoga pose for 4 hours, listening to Audible, doing no work. (Disclosure: It's very unlikely that I would work in comfort class, but there is the rare occasion)
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Tips:

1. Use the chrome extension - really cuts down on time.
2. For hotel enter an address not just the city. Entering "LA" will cause your budget to be much lower than entering an address in LA.
3. If rocketrip finds a cheaper flight, but it doesn't meet you schedule, adjust the 2 hour +/- windows so that their cheaper flight no longer is in the window. <- Doesn't always work. May cause your windows to include a later or earlier flight that also doesn't meet your schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.