Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stamps

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I remember once a Hungarian passport control officer was very confused that she couldn't find my entry stamp when I was flying out. I had remarked to myself that it was odd they hadn't given me one when I arrived, but didn't think of it again until confronted with a non-English-speaking passport control officer who couldn't find the required stamp. After a few minutes of pantomime and shrugs, she stamped my passport and let me go. I'm another white male.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
This isn't particularly helpful to the OP, but this is one reason why I always quickly check my passport as I walk away from the immigration counter. Not only have I caught missed stamps but I've also had an officer erroneously use the "exit" stamp when I was actually entering the country.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Redhead
I've entered Schengen several times where they haven't even opened my passport to look at the picture, just getting waived thru. If you have a US passport, it is highly unlikely you'll have any issues. A passport from a country that is more known for over-stayers, your experience may vary, but I still doubt you'll have an issue leaving
This is very true as well. It seems to be very common when landing in Madrid, more often than not they don't even open my passport and just hand it back to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.