Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many places as your lost bag been??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

How many places as your lost bag been??

My bag missed a connection and went missing in KEF leaving on vacation.
So far according to baggage services it has been to KEF, AMS, VRN, FRA, VCE, MUC, Hopefully it makes it back to YYZ soon...
I made it back home almost a week ago and still waiting.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Twice my bag has been delayed while traveling. Both times the airline delivered it to me several hours later the same day, so it clearly missed my connecting flight and arrived on the next one. One other time I couldn't find my bag on the carousel upon arrival.... it had arrived ahead of me and was waiting at the baggage office. Arguably I was the one "lost"!

My wife's bag was once delayed for several days when she was traveling solo. If the airline is to be believed, it went to Florida and possibly other places along the way while she went to Pennsylvania. The good news is the airline did deliver it a few days later and nothing was lost or damaged. The bad news is that she had spend time and money shopping for a few days' worth of clothes to wear and the airline was hostile about paying compensation for it.

These experiences are a large part of why we travel light and take carry-on luggage only whenever reasonable.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Passenger: "I'd like to buy a ticket to Paris and check two bags. I'd like the first bag sent to Munich and the second bag sent to Venice."
Counter agent: "I'm sorry, we can't do that."
Passenger: "Why not? You did it last time!!"
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rstruthe
My bag missed a connection and went missing in KEF leaving on vacation.
So far according to baggage services it has been to KEF, AMS, VRN, FRA, VCE, MUC, Hopefully it makes it back to YYZ soon...
I made it back home almost a week ago and still waiting.
You may win.

We had 2 wayward bags that were meant for ORD-FRA instead go to:

ORD/LHR/FRA/MUC/FRA (again)/SXB where they finally caught up to us. We were moving around Europe and the bags kept arriving a day behind us.

Lufthansa also holds our award for the most times a bag was lost on a single trip:

ORD-FRA came the next day
FRA-VCE - came the next day and was delivered by gondola complete with singing driver
VCE-AMS - came the next day
AMS-ORD - completing the trip with one last lost bag.
rstruthe likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'd write LH a complaint letter about the lack of music on the other 3 baggage deliveries.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Finally delivered 14 days after it went missing, WOW handed it off to LH, who handed it off to AC. Driver had to drive 240km from YYZ each way to deliver it. Bag was in perfect shape despite at least 9 flights as far as I can tell it went YYZ - KEF - AMS - VRN - FRA - VCE - HAM - FRA -- YYZ. I wonder why they don’t contract Fedex or UPS who have delivery infastructure instead of sending a driver on a 6 hour round trip!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Flying SFO-LAX-LIH, my bag was sent to GRU from LAX (I saw some bags labelled to GRU via LAX at the baggage drop at SFO). It took AA four days to get my bag to LIH.

My bag has been to places I have never visited myself.
rstruthe likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I'm not sure where my missing bag went, but I'm fairly certain it had more time in Italy than I did before finally returning home...
rstruthe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.