Wiki Posts
Search

3 Days London vs 2 + 1 in Prague

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
3 Days London vs 2 + 1 in Prague

Traveling for work but adding a few days onto the end for pleasure. Currently arriving PRG-LHR on Saturday morning, departing Wednesday afternoon back to the states.

I'll arrive in Prague on Friday morning and have a little time to sightsee during the day on Friday, but debating adding an extra night and heading to London Sunday. That will only give me two full days in London (Mon/Tues) plus the travel days on Sun/Wed.

Everything I've read seems to suggest there will be plenty to fill the time in London for Sat-Wed but I'm thinking I can hit the high points Sun-Wed and still enjoy Prague for a day. Would love to get some thoughts.

TIA!
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: Delta, United
A bit confused. You state "Currently arriving PRG-LHR on Saturday morning" but then state arriving in Prague on Friday morning.

I am going to assume the later, arrive Prague Friday am and then thinking of heading to London Sunday instead of Saturday. I would say that is a good idea because otherwise if arriving Friday am and leaving Sat. I would say why bother. Personally I would spend at least three days in Prague. As such, my suggestion would be to arrive Friday am into Prague and leave as late a possible Sunday and fly in London to LCY rather than Heathrow.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:55 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

You've allotted yourself a travel day on either end, which is generous. You're arriving Saturday morning, so you'll spend most of Saturday in Prague. I'm a fan of Prague, having just been there over Christmas. There's lots to see in both cities, so you'll have to plan to choose a few that you can do in a short visit. It's always worth seeing a place, even for a short time.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Sorry to clarify, will already be in Prague for work. The delegation I’mt Raveling with is flying out of Prague so heading there Friday morning to base before flying out Saturday. I would just stay an extra day beyond what the group is staying who is traveling PRG-LHR-USA on Saturday.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:45 am
Suspended

Clarity of communication is not your strong suite MIchaelKade.

You will be in Prague on Friday morning. Your question is whether to leave on Saturday or Sunday for London. You will fly home from London on Wednesday, that flight is fixed the PRA-LHR is not.

But you could have avoided all of the confusion by simply asking, 'should I spend 3 days in London or 2 days in London and 1 day in Prague? That's really all you are asking and everything else is irrelevant.

My answer would be to spend all 3 days in London rather than splitting your limited time up. I try never to spend less than 3 full days anywhere. If I don't think a place will hold my interest at least that long, I don't plan to go there. Regarding your actual flight plans, if it were me, I'd arrive in Prague on Friday morning and leave Prague on Friday after whatever business I had there.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
This is a very personal choice. When one first travels, there is a tendency to try to cover a lot of ground and maybe come back on another trip. There's nothing wrong with that. There is some inefficiency checking into a hotel and traveling to a 2nd city but why not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.