Wiki Posts
Search

Airside Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Airside Hotel

Used them often, but just came across a situation when an airside hotel room has been booked....
If you have an airside hotel room booked, then later find you have to collect luggage and therefore pass through immigration, what happens then? You can't check your luggage for a flight the next day or >4 hrs. Is it also the case that you cannot pass through immigration with a boarding pass for flight the following day or >12 hours?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by LukeO9
Used them often, but just came across a situation when an airside hotel room has been booked....
If you have an airside hotel room booked, then later find you have to collect luggage and therefore pass through immigration, what happens then? You can't check your luggage for a flight the next day or >4 hrs. Is it also the case that you cannot pass through immigration with a boarding pass for flight the following day or >12 hours?
It would probably be up to the Immigration officer whether or not to let you in. Maybe if you showed them your reservation they might allow you to pass. In any case, if you can't get to the hotel and it is a non-refundable fare booking, I would guess you are out of luck. Airside hotels seem to be a great option when everything aligns correctly, but it isn't on them to fix why you all of a sudden can't use their services.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LukeO9
It's going to vary based on airline and the immigration laws of the location in question, but if the airline won't accept your bag and the immigration officer won't let you back into the international departure area until the next day, the answer seems simple: you find a landside hotel.

I've used airside hotels before, and for me it's always been because I couldn't enter the country to begin with. (e.g., was permitted to transfer there but had no visa to enter) I suppose if I *had* to enter the country due to IROPS or some other strange circumstance that caused immigration to let me through, I'd just suck it up and stay in a landside hotel. My airside reservations in the past have generally been pretty cheap and always 1-night (obviously), so not a crushing loss. Places like the hotel inside Delhi Airport...$75-ish for a Motel 6 quality room (I'm being generous).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.