Community
Wiki Posts
Search

missing out cause you're flying premium

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak

Thanks, I thought it was pretty clear but maybe your explanation helped. In terms of prices, PIT said they guaranteed that the prices in the airport stores weren’t any higher than non-airport stores for the same item. I never specifically checked an item but they seemed like reasonable prices. In general though, airport prices do seem quite inflated.
PDX does actually require this of stores and restaurants that have local non-airport locations, and there are more than a few--mostly restaurants, but also Powell's Books, Tender Loving Empire, Made In Oregon, and the local apparel companies.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: Independent
Boston used to do that, but the shop owners of the news stands simply had to find one other location that sold whatever at an elevated rate and they were fine. They ended up bringing a court case and and the regulation was struck down anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.