Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancel ticket after having boarding pass on hand? [For Lounge Use]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Looking for links on the crackdown on this type of behaviour, there is this Chinese guy, who rebooked his F ticket every day when leaving the lounge after an exclusive meal, but for more than 300 times. Story has it, the airline tried to press charges, but the guy simply cancelled his ticket and got refunded. Case closed.

There is, however, also the Lufthansa affair, with a German guy, rebooking his ticket 36 times, every time after a good F meal in the lounge. LH sued and won, short of 2K € in damage.

Can't find a link, but have read early this year, or 2016 about UA installing software to prevent ticket cancelling or rebooking immediately after a lounge visit.

The morale is - you can propably get away with it once or twice, but why risk it all?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Forget the the potential legal implications. Much more likely is: Do you want to throw away your non-rev privileges for this? Maybe even your employment as well?
Old Dec 25, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Kevin AA
Forget the the potential legal implications. Much more likely is: Do you want to throw away your non-rev privileges for this? Maybe even your employment as well?
This.

While yes, occasionally there is a need to cancel a ticket after checking-in. But is it worth the potential long term hassle? Keep in mind, if you already have a valid ticket, you may trigger something somewhere (assuming you use the same airline) which will get your privileges revoked.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
The OP hasn't logged in since he made his post, so I'm hoping he thought better of it.

When I worked for an airline we always stayed out of the lounge unless we had a specific work-related reason to be in there, or we had access as a passenger (the same ways any passenger gains access). So it was implied that the airline cared about remaining professional about this type of stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.