Airplane Crash Dreams

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airplane Crash Dreams

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
What caused this old dream thread to be awakened?
Old Nov 28, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I've had very vivid plane crashing dreams while watching from land.... right down to the carrier. Although, I do live directly under the flight path into OGG and regularly sit on my patio and look up to see if I can ID the plane type or airline so it's not too big of a stretch I suppose. I probably have had dreams of being on a crashing plane but they aren't regular and I don't remember anything specific.

I remember listening to a podcast about dreams and most people's dreams have a lot of elements of their recent lives mixed with past life experiences and it all kind of gets mixed up in a blender. I suppose this is why I've dreamed of my third grade teacher in a Starbucks uniform pumping gas into the car I sold 10 years ago
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:39 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
We were family friends with Archie Twitchell, one of the Douglas test pilots (my mother worked as the office secretary for them at DACO) who was copilot on the midair collision over Pacoima, CA in 1959. Parts of the DC-7B Archie was flying landed in the junior high school where Ritchie Valens was attending. (The crash dream sequence in La Bamba supposedly reflects his traumatization at the event.)

I was at school when the crash occurred and only learned of it when I got home to find my mother crying in the kitchen. She had been in the radio shack when they went in and heard Archie (who was also a part-time film actor) when he said, "Say goodbye to everyone."

I had crash dreams for quite a few years after that. We all did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.