Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What's the worst thing you've ever done/said on a plane?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the worst thing you've ever done/said on a plane?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by weero
I had an identical experience on a much shorter intra-China flight. A businessman had his briefcase on my seat and there was no other seat available in the F cabin. I asked him unsuccessfully to fetch it, so did two FAs, he just waved us away with his hand, saying something along to get lost.
FAs offered me two seats in coach but I decided to take my seat back.
I told him that he has 30 seconds to save his briefcase then I'd sit down. FA emphasized once more that I was not willing to budge. He vigorously tried to shoo us away.
30 seconds later I sat down and the briefcase collapsed under my weight. He shrieked and tried to pull it out but at no avail. He threatened me with a beating which I answer with loud laughter, took my book out and started to read.
The FA then begged me to release the briefcase with which I complied, and he rapidly retrieved the remnants.

Looking back, I should have grabbed the case and handed it to him. Sitting on it was a tag excessive ... but the dude was beyond confrontational.
Morons amaze me. It's not your seat so move your briefcase.

Sat on it lol
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
..Sat on it lol
But that would likely be less damaging for the briefcase than heavy me.

That he threatened me with a beating is double funny.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Morons amaze me. It's not your seat so move your briefcase.

Sat on it lol
Originally Posted by weero
But that would likely be less damaging for the briefcase than heavy me.

That he threatened me with a beating is double funny.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:42 am

I've wracked my brain, and I can't think of a bad thing I've done on a flight. Either I am in denial, or I'm a really boring person.

I was once walking in the aisle when there was sudden turbulence and I bounced off a FA in a perhaps personal manner. (I think there was a 70s dance called 'the bump'). However, that was out of my control, and I've been quite careful to make sure that it never happens again.
Old May 3, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, HH, MA
Back in the days when business travelers (like me) traveled with hanging garment bags, I would always make it a point to lay my bag flat and assist other passengers who wanted to put travel luggage under my bag. One day, flying to Louisville, a young man refused my help and went out of his way to crumple my bag. I readjusted the baggage cabin but then a young lady came along who needed help with a bag and again he crumpled my garment bag. An attendant saw him and admonished him but I had to listen to his smart remarks all flight. Finally when the plane was deplaning I lectured him in a very loud voice that there was a place for people like him and it was called a bus. Several of the other passengers who were privy to the entire event applauded in support.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OccasionalFlyerPerson
I've wracked my brain, and I can't think of a bad thing I've done on a flight. Either I am in denial, or I'm a really boring person.

Same here.

The worst thing I can think of is saying no to Krug and the FA looked at me like I was crazy for saying no to as much champagne as I could handle. I drank lemonade all through the 7 hour flight.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:49 pm

The only thing I could think of is a time when I was boarding and my stomach started to feel uneasy. As I was walking past Economy Plus I let out a fart. It was silent but it left a horrible stench for a while as people started coughing and gagging from where I let it out at.. I felt better and no one ever figured out it was me.

I do feel bad for the people
Old May 4, 2017, 1:36 am

Recently watched the movie Sully while the very nervous flyer, in the seat next to me, looked on.
Old May 4, 2017, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cubs105
The only thing I could think of is a time when I was boarding and my stomach started to feel uneasy. As I was walking past Economy Plus I let out a fart. It was silent but it left a horrible stench for a while as people started coughing and gagging from where I let it out at.. I felt better and no one ever figured out it was me.

I do feel bad for the people
An older very rich friend said she, her words, let fluffy off the leash, in an expensive dress shop. She said she loves people walking thru it. She also said, people think rich folks don't fart.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:44 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by scottt
Recently watched the movie Sully while the very nervous flyer, in the seat next to me, looked on.
Watched Flight once on an MD-80 flight.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP (3M), UA1K, and so many others
Jetbridge?

Originally Posted by Fraser
I was told that I should never enter a jetbridge without permission. ... if the jetbridge is such a hallowed area perhaps she should have shut and locked the door behind her ....
When I was young working on capitol hill, my congressman was always really late getting to National Airport for flights home. More than once (way before security was much of a thing) I had to run through the terminal, down the jetbridge, and pound on the door to get them to hold the flight. And yes, they would open the door for a congressman. I always felt bad for everyone on the flight that he was so inconsiderate, but I certainly didn't want him to miss the flight because finding an alternative would have become MY problem.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:05 am

Since we've resurrected this thread, I'll add my tale. I was seated in economy cross country from ORD to the west coast and since it was a very early flight I decided to recline my seat and try to get some sleep. Now, I know how it is get a reclining seat in the face, so I always do so slowly and generally not all the way as a courtesy. The woman sitting behind me apparently wasn't happy with this so she started pounding on and shaking my seat back. I turned around and said, "Is there a problem?" and she basically screamed at me and told me not to recline my seat. In the most condescending voice I could muster I told her, "Had you asked politely I would have gladly moved my seat back but since you acted like a spoiled child I'm going to keep my seat reclined the entire flight." She just glared at me. I only felt bad later because I smiled back at her at baggage claim and she broke down in tears. There was obviously something more going on with her that day but still no excuse for that behavior.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.