Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Ever told another pax he/she is being offensive?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ever told another pax he/she is being offensive?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
No matter who creates a situation, the first party to raise his/her voice or use expletives is the loser.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by BearX220
No matter who creates a situation, the first party to raise his/her voice or use expletives is the loser.
and in some cases, the person speaking (politely) to the FA about it has been booted.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I have been shushed on a flight. I was talking to my seat mate in DL first on a flight to LAX. We started our conversation on the ground and through takeoff. Apparently, we were loud because of the plane noise and then never lowered our volume. The man in front of us asked us to speak softer. It was appreciated and courteous but I was still embarrassed. I was on a Thalys train from Amsterdam to Paris. We were delayed in Belgium. An older French guy was chatting loudly on the phone. Another French guy went up to him and asked him to keep it down. He got off the cell. About 5 minutes later, he strolled up to the guy who confronted him and started berating him. Things escalated until they started pushing each other and smacking each other. I helped the attendant in breaking them up. They both took their seats and chilled for the rest of the trip. It was very odd.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Yabbut...what if the FA is completely useless??

PHX-BUF a few years back on UA.
Kid behind me is repeatedly banging on the seat back tray of my wife's seat causing it to move non stop.
Start with evil glances over shoulder, then I say something to brain dead dad, like you do realize this tray is connected to the seat in front of you...to which he responds it's my kids tray he can do what he wants.
I involve the worlds most useless FA, who says what do you want me to do?
So my threat of violence (I'm a pretty big guy) was the ONLY thing that got this useless excuse of a parent to reign in his hell spawn.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by nmh1204
and in some cases, the person speaking (politely) to the FA about it has been booted.
IME you should not count on cabin staff to act fairly or rationally. Best practice is to keep your head down unless absolutely necessary.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:52 pm

I did have one not too long ago that tempted me, but I figured she was embarrassing herself enough and just put on my headphones.

Two couples flying from PHL to ... I think DEN or SLC, I can't remember... but apparently they had never been in first before and kept saying "We're in f***ing first class, baby" and "woooo"-ing. They had pretty foul mouths on them as well and since they were talking across the aisle, I'm sure the entire cabin and then some heard every word. I gave them a couple of looks and then just cranked up a movie. They were still doing it as we landed and my headphones came off. Jeez.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
After enduring the kid behind me kicking my seat, thinking parent would stop him, I have jumped up and turned around to tell the kid to not kick my seat again or I would call and report him. It worked.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:03 pm
Suspended

IME you should not count on cabin staff to act fairly or rationally. Best practice is to keep your head down unless absolutely necessary.
It's attitude like this which enable bullies. If expletives came out of my mouth, the person who got that expletives deserve it and more.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:14 pm

You tell 'em Vaucluse! By the same logic, if I maliciously spill a drink on someone, the person who got the spilled drink deserves it and more.

Oh wait... hmm... you don't suppose your logic may be off, do you?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:24 pm

No, because I'm not a special snowflake and don't get offended when people aren't talking about me or my friends and family.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by davie355
You tell 'em Vaucluse! By the same logic, if I maliciously spill a drink on someone, the person who got the spilled drink deserves it and more.

Oh wait... hmm... you don't suppose your logic may be off, do you?
If you did that to me I would order a Sprite and "accidentally" spill it over your head.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
By the same logic, if I maliciously spill a drink on someone, the person who got the spilled drink deserves it and more.
Tossing a drink at someone. The traditional Hollywood response of over-wrought and hysterical women and other drama queens.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:35 am
Suspended

Wasn't a pax on my flight, but I was once in the bar at MCI having a drink and this strange couple came up and started making conversation. I say strange, because the guy was wearing yellow shooting glasses and the woman had a beehive hairdo.
They asked where I was from. I was living in PHX at the time. When I said that, the guy told me to find Gov. Jan Brewer and shake her hand for..and I quote.."Getting rid of those wet-back mother****s".

I told him that just because I was white, it doesn't mean I agree with his racist bullcrap and told them to *** off. They left in a huff and the bartender comped me my drink.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
IBTL!

LOL
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
My policy is to either stay quiet or inform a flight attendant if I feel too uncomfortable.

Last edited by miamiflyer8; Mar 17, 2017 at 12:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.