Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

will airlines ever retire the no smoking sign?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

will airlines ever retire the no smoking sign?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by WorldLux
The sign will not disappear as people will start smoking again. There's always someone in a large group of people saying "I can smoke. There's no sign saying otherwise".
I work with a guy exactly like that. As the company gradually banned smoking in more and more parts of the building over the years, he'd test the rules by smoking everywhere else where there were no signs. Soon there were about a hundred signs all over the office. Eventually Illinois banned smoking in all indoor businesses, so he became versed on every possible loophole of the law and staked claim over a few spots where he believed (rightly or wrongly) he was still permitted to smoke.

Originally Posted by CPRich
Neither of the last 2 posts addresses anything I said. I haven't heard anyone say they could smoke, and there are lots of things you can't do that aren't signed.
Like murder, for example? No murderer ever made a case that murder was OK because there were no signs specifying otherwise.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
Yeah seems like most US carriers have updated to this on either new planes or when refurbing old planes (if I recall correctly the refurbed DL A320s I flew at the end of 2016 were wifi and seatbelt only and the refurbed CR9 I flew two weeks ago definitely was)
I would say any aircraft built or completely refurbished (not just new seats) since 2010 have been switched.

As there has been no spike in smoking on planes removing the light does not seem to be an issue. It is still announced and written in magazines with some placards on the aircraft.

Last edited by ROCAT; Feb 23, 2017 at 8:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.