Wiki Posts
Search

Old (defunct) airlines nerd

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT, Marriott PLAT, Hilton Honors GLD, SPG PLAT
Old (defunct) airlines nerd

I'm a bit of a nerd for the airlines of back in the day.

I have a soft spot for Braniff (born/raised in Dallas).

I had this made. (also did a purple with white logo - Flying Colors!) No one else "gets it". Maybe someone here appreciates it!

I'd like to do TWA and Pan AM next - but suspect it may be a bit more challenging.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
make one for Texas International and I'll be a bit more impressed. My next request would be for Western
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by closetasfan
make one for Texas International and I'll be a bit more impressed. My next request would be for Western
It's on the list. Just harder ($$$) for multiple colors. I DO like Western - very iconic logo.

Eastern too - but now that its revamped (somewhat) it fell to the bottom of the list.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
How about TWA, Pan Am, NW and PSA.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:51 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
What about National? Sunburst logo on the front, and Fly me! on the side.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:54 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
I vote British Midland, with the classic diamond logo on the front and "YO MAN PAX" on the side.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OTD
What about National? Sunburst logo on the front, and Fly me! on the side.
Oh I like that.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by not_the_walrus
Eastern too - but now that its revamped (somewhat) it fell to the bottom of the list.
Eastern has been resurrected? Guess I must have missed that.

Checked the Wikipedia entry. Interesting
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:42 am
Suspended

If you made it, it isn't really authentic.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Proudelitist
If you made it, it isn't really authentic.
Nobody claimed the cap to be authentic... I like the idea
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I like the idea! I didn't know you could get a single custom lid like that... Is this a local company near you that did it or somewhere online?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by not_the_walrus
I had this made. (also did a purple with white logo - Flying Colors!) No one else "gets it". Maybe someone here appreciates it!
I get it! I was fortunate to log a great many flights aboard Braniff, including the inaugural domestic Concorde interchange flight on January 12th, 1979. You've still got plenty of company in the Braniff fan club. ^
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Have you received any complaints of copyright infringement? They may be out of business, but someone or some company may have bought the assets and still maintain the copyrights to all logos.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I get it! I was fortunate to log a great many flights aboard Braniff, including the inaugural domestic Concorde interchange flight on January 12th, 1979. You've still got plenty of company in the Braniff fan club. ^
Whohooo!! Thank you!!!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by teddybear99
Have you received any complaints of copyright infringement? They may be out of business, but someone or some company may have bought the assets and still maintain the copyrights to all logos.
I was worried about that as well - but in my (admittedly limited internet based) research the logos of old-Braniff had fell into the public domain.

Plus I am not selling these in a store - but if you look around - plenty of people ARE selling Braniff branded merch and I am fairly sure they are not paying any royalties to anyone.

TWA is still owned by AA - Pan Am is owned somewhere - Texas International i guess is probably owned by Continental -> United.

Here it is - while not a LEGAL doc - it was good enough for me - looks like the logos fell into public domain in 2010.

The name is still trademarked - and owned - and it looks like late last year someone went on a spree trying to trademark some old Braniff logos and slogans. Looks like someone has a DBA and is filing these out of their home - probably to try to grab them - own them and sell them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.