Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Housekeeping gripes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Most Starwoods offer 500 points per night for declining housekeeping, obviously on multi night stays.
IHG has also done some pilot programs giving bonus points for declining housekeeping.

I know some hotels will do a daily knock as a 'welfare check' and can understand why they feel like it's a good policy but I don't have to particularly like it. It's mildly annoying but not enough for me to change a stay over.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 6:35 am

Housekeeping issues seem to be on the rise. Recently found a coffee covered towel (still had the coffee aroma so wasn't washed) nicely folded on the bathroom rack (stain side to the back) in a room that didn't provide in-room coffee service. This hotel was $500+/night. The next hotel on the trip offered a beautifully folded spa robe in the closet - when I opened it to use, it was full of hair! I then start to wonder about everything in the room. Underwhelming to say the least...
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
I got back to my room today to find a gang of guys cleaning up rubble in the bathroom. Apparently a workman had fallen through the roof while I was out. I'm so so so glad I wasn't in the middle of dropping the kids off at the pool when THAT happened...
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by roberino
I got back to my room today to find a gang of guys cleaning up rubble in the bathroom. Apparently a workman had fallen through the roof while I was out. I'm so so so glad I wasn't in the middle of dropping the kids off at the pool when THAT happened...
There are worse things you could have been dropping when that happened.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fassy
Often enough those annoying illuminated alarm clocks... one of the first thing which I shut down by pulling the plug - which kind of makes me one of those responsible for frustration #3
Hmmmm. I thought I was the only one who pulled the plug as the second thing I do after walking in the door. (First thing is to set the A/C to 68/18 degrees.)

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Should you be given a cheaper option if you don't want your room made up? It means less costs for the hotel.
Starwood and Marriott both give you points for not making up your room.

Originally Posted by Allan38103
How can that happen if you have the door locked and the latch/deadbolt on?

Wait! I think i know the answer.
While I won't name the chain, I had housekeeping use security's cardkey after midnight to bypass the deadbolt to deliver a roll-away bed that I didn't order. When the door opened to the chain limit, I got up, ran to the door, kicked it shut and called the front desk.

The next AM I reported it to the duty manager who didn't seem to give a @$#%$&, but when the chain's HQ got a letter from me, they took it <real> seriously.

Last edited by Ronlap; Oct 11, 2016 at 8:51 am
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Delete
Old Oct 11, 2016, 9:03 am

I do agree that it would be nice if I don't have to call down all the time for an extra towel. 2 bath towels are not enough, ESPECIALLY when there are 2 people in the room. IF they were bath sheets, 'maybe' that would work.

My biggest complaint and it's worse when staying more than one night, is when housekeeping changes the radio station to something I don't have set and raise the volume full blast. I do use use the alarm clock and don't want to get whiplash bolting out of bed when that goes off. Not to mention, nice to know housekeeping has time to change the radio, in presumably, every room.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
There are worse things you could have been dropping when that happened.
The bass? Acid? Out?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 11:25 am

The bass? Acid? Out?
You said it happened in your bathroom. Think it through.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:10 pm

You said it happened in your bathroom. Think it through.
I don't think you get "dropping the kids off at the pool"
Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:14 pm

The bass? Acid? Out?
^
Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Notsofreq
I don't think you get "dropping the kids off at the pool"
You're right; can't believe I missed that. Apologies to roberino for not appreciating his point the first time!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:02 pm

You're right; can't believe I missed that. Apologies to roberino for not appreciating his point the first time!
Made me laugh!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
I haven't traveled that much internationally, so I don't know if this is a standard feature in hotels in the UAE and elsewhere: mine had a doorbell. Ten minutes after I checked in, a houseboy rang the bell (it was loud enough to wake the dead) and asked me if I had any laundry for him. Thereafter, any housekeeping person would ring the bell before entering. If I could have disabled that doorbell, I would have. I jumped out of my skin every time they used it.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by birdylady
My biggest complaint and it's worse when staying more than one night, is when housekeeping changes the radio station to something I don't have set and raise the volume full blast. I do use use the alarm clock and don't want to get whiplash bolting out of bed when that goes off. Not to mention, nice to know housekeeping has time to change the radio, in presumably, every room.
I've found that you can predict the nationality/ethnicity of the housekeeper by the station they tune the clock radio to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.