Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Are on-board crew such as chefs, shower attendants, butlers, etc also trained as FAs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are on-board crew such as chefs, shower attendants, butlers, etc also trained as FAs?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Question Are on-board crew such as chefs, shower attendants, butlers, etc also trained as FAs?

Some airlines have crew working in the cabin who are not FAs, for example TK's chefs. Do these positions get the same training as FAs in addition to their job function for at least the safety aspects of the FA role? I would imagine the types of airlines that employee these additional crew are well above the required numbers of FAs needed for operation, but on the other hand more trained crew can be helpful in an evacuation.

Examples I can think of: (Feel free to add to this list. I do not count CSDs/ISMs/Pursers as they are a supervisory FA.)
  • Chef: TK, EY, OS
  • Shower Attendant: EK
  • Butler: EY
  • Immigration Officer: GA
  • Food & Beverage Manager: EY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.