Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1st time travelling Transpacific-Beating Jet Lag

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by erik123
Stay awake as long as you can and sleep the final 8 hours of the flight using one simply sleep and one melatonin. Nap on the last leg to Bangkok. Stay awake in Bangkok as long as you can and take another simply sleep/meltonin. Wake up the next morning before 11am. Try to keep to the new schedule as much as possible without napping. Don't overdo it on sightseeing. Pick one thing to do - and return to hotel in afternoon. If tired, go swimming at the hotel. Go out for dinner.
Avoid advice like this. Melatonin causes some poeple to not sleep and simply sleep is an acetamenophen containing sleep aid. Not so good for your liver if you drink in flight.

I've done that flight east before. Here would be my advice. Get on the flight, enjoy some food and a little drink if you wish and then sleep when you're tired. You can talk to a doctor about a prescription sleep aid. They will take the guess work out of this.

Basically sleep as close to a full night of sleep and stay up all day. You'll be tired, but your body deals with one day of not great sleep easily. Just do some things active. Eat on the local schedule that day. Go to bed a little early (ie 9pm) and then you should be good. Plan a lazy morning the next day.

If you plan to use a sleep aid, see a doctor and get a good one. The OTC stuff just isn't as good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.