Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Checked luggage (Cardboard box) - Minimum dimensions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Hey guys,

I need to transport 2x 400ml shampoo bottles (Some special ones on Pharmacists' recipe that I can't buy in the country where I currently work) and would like to do so in a cardboard box, seeing as I do not have any other luggage available.

I'd like to keep the box as small as possible, so that I can transport it easily upon arrival.

I have never read anything about minimum dimensions, and I was wondering if this even exists. I suppose as long as the bardcode and tag fits on it it's fine, and one doesn't check in a rubix-cube-sized-box it should all be fine?

Kind regards
Old May 17, 2015, 4:04 am

I've had it in the past, when checking in very light luggage (<5kg), that I had to bring it to the oversized baggage check (obviously, more like undersized/underweight check) as the regular baggage transportation systems within the airport apparently have issues with too light objects. I could imagine it could be the same for too small one's, too.

If you can't put it into your regular travel luggage, I guess shipping them in a bigger cardbox might make things easier (and if it's too light, adding some stuff like lots of newspapers etc. to it) but you could risk it bringing it just in their original package IF you can get hold of a bigger crate at the airport for sure, or you don't mind some discussions / extra walking etc.
Old May 17, 2015, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by Nominal
Hey guys,

I need to transport 2x 400ml shampoo bottles (Some special ones on Pharmacists' recipe that I can't buy in the country where I currently work) and would like to do so in a cardboard box, seeing as I do not have any other luggage available.

I'd like to keep the box as small as possible, so that I can transport it easily upon arrival.

I have never read anything about minimum dimensions, and I was wondering if this even exists. I suppose as long as the bardcode and tag fits on it it's fine, and one doesn't check in a rubix-cube-sized-box it should all be fine?

Kind regards
Is this a prescription medication that the pharmacist has compounded? If so, I think TSA will permit you to carry it on board if you wish. Check the TSA website to be sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.