LAX conditions: delays?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star

Sitting in SFO United Club trying to figure out why the flight LAX-SFO has been sitting on runway for an hour. UA and flight aware do not seem to know its status. That plane (UA 1211) is my flight back down to LAX (UA 1124).
I see they had some rain and there are some delays but I do not see some systemic issues.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
That's not LAX, that's just United being United. Just landed at LAX with clear, patchy skies, maybe 50% cloud cover at 2-3000 feet
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:34 pm

Weather in the San Francisco Bay Area was very hazy until the last hour. Low IFR conditions is what is causing delays for you.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by mikekelley
That's not LAX, that's just United being United. Just landed at LAX with clear, patchy skies, maybe 50% cloud cover at 2-3000 feet

Originally Posted by WChou
Weather in the San Francisco Bay Area was very hazy until the last hour. Low IFR conditions is what is causing delays for you.
Thanks, this makes a bit more sense.
The flight from LAX finally took off but UA does not even show that.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
See all the Ground Delay Programs on Sun 1/11 up through 4 pm PST: http://www.fly.faa.gov/adv/adv_list....te&Other=Other

Manipulate URL for later in the day after 4 pm PST, officially the next Universal day.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
See all the Ground Delay Programs on Sun 1/11 up through 4 pm PST: http://www.fly.faa.gov/adv/adv_list....te&Other=Other

Manipulate URL for later in the day after 4 pm PST, officially the next Universal day.
Thanks! This is a nice site.
If you were using this site for real time information would just use the Airport look up?
How did you get the data results for Jan 11th. I see a variety of choices under the "Products" tab. One is an "Advisories Database" but it looks like it only goes back 15 days. Is that the limit for historical searches? Is a there a best product to use for real time information?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by JohnMacWW
Thanks! This is a nice site.
If you were using this site for real time information would just use the Airport look up?
How did you get the data results for Jan 11th. I see a variety of choices under the "Products" tab. One is an "Advisories Database" but it looks like it only goes back 15 days. Is that the limit for historical searches? Is a there a best product to use for real time information?
As I said, just manipulate the URL, which contains some plain text English. The FAA hasn't changed this scheme for at least 14 years. Changing the day to Tuesday and date to 09-11-2001 and you can see how that day went at the ATCSCC: http://www.fly.faa.gov/adv/adv_list....te&Other=Other

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.