Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Green Dot Visa/MasterCard to buy airline tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Can airline tickets be purchased with a Green Dot card? I chatted with support on their site and he said yes but to ask the specific airline. I also asked if you could book a hotel with one and he said basically the same thing but I know they don't work for hotels. Can someone enlighten me please? Thanks.

Last edited by Clayjb; Nov 10, 2014 at 2:45 pm Reason: Misspelling
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I don't know about greendot but you can book a plane ticket or a hotel with a prepaid Vanilla mastercard. I've done it a few times and considering how many FTers use them for manufactured speding I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
If paying with a debit card at a hotel, they tend to put a hold on money (usually the cost of the stay, plus a deposit.) The same with rental cars. Airline tickets I don't see why they wouldn't accept a personalised Green Dot card. If it is a completely anonymous card, it would not surprise me if they didn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.