Reload this Page >

Seat Pocket Surprise

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Pocket Surprise

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:28 am

When airlines used to provide airsickness bags you could put that kind of rubbish in there and then the cleaners would take care of it. Now there is often no more final run through with garbage bag and folks take so much that they can't carry their rubbish out with them.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by CitizenWorld
I'm gonna make it a policy of not looking in the seat pockets of Domestic flights from now on.
Yup. I carry antiseptic wipes for the armrests and tray table, and I don't put anything in (or take anything out) of the seat pocket.

I'm not a germophobe, I just found when I started those policies, the rate of my getting sick on trips dropped around 75%.

Retired cop and paramedic, there's nothing a person can do that will surprise me any more.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Would you have also eaten the snotty tissues that I found on Qantas?
My dog would have. She believes we leave her treats in the bathroom wastebaskets.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by BamaVol
My dog would have. She believes we leave her treats in the bathroom wastebaskets.
Ewww! Fortunately if your dog was flying on Qantas she would have been in the hold, they don't allow pets in the cabin (assuming she's not a guide-dog? We haven't fallen for the "personal comfort animal" or whatever it's called).
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Given that the soiled underwear comment was quoted just before your comment, i was thinking that "chocolate bar" was a euphemism. Glad it was the real thing you ate!

Someone, I'm sure, is also enjoying my copy of Angela's Ashes from years ago..

As a matter of fact, I did find a copy of Angela's Ashes (paperback) in a seat back pocket a few years ago!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chollie

As a matter of fact, I did find a copy of Angela's Ashes (paperback) in a seat back pocket a few years ago!
wow, not only a book but a decent book! Double bonus.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:07 am

Ewww! Fortunately if your dog was flying on Qantas she would have been in the hold, they don't allow pets in the cabin (assuming she's not a guide-dog? We haven't fallen for the "personal comfort animal" or whatever it's called).
Ahem - personal service animal I believe the phrase is.

Although most US carriers allow certain sized pets to be brought into the cabin as long as they fit in an approved carrier and remain there.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by Nugget_Oz

Although most US carriers allow certain sized pets to be brought into the cabin as long as they fit in an approved carrier and remain there.
Actually, the term is "emotional support animal", or ESA. But I won't say any more than that, as there are numerous threads on that topic on the boards already.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nugget_Oz
I'll stick with my term, personal comfort animal - I enjoy the connotations I'll insist on it being the official term should that stupidity ever reach the fair shores of Oz.

Dreadful. That sounds like the sort of place where the natives also hold live chickens on their lap while flying home to see the family when they'll strangle it and have it as a celebratory meal.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP

<snip>

Dreadful. That sounds like the sort of place where the natives also hold live chickens on their lap while flying home to see the family when they'll strangle it and have it as a celebratory meal.
The family?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by onobond
The family?
One would hope

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.