FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   What's the most annoying passenger you've encountered? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/1622393-whats-most-annoying-passenger-youve-encountered.html)

HMO Feb 2, 2015 6:55 am

Originally Posted by morigianna (Post 24275936)
just for a giggle-

I was seated in an asile seat and was playing solitare with cards on my traytable. I keep feeling hands pull the seat back and my hair being pulled. I am annoyed but figure it was accidental. It continues several times. I turn around to yell at someone and find a little head looking at me hanging onto the headrest standing in mom's lap.

I look confused and she says - "I'm sorry he has never seen cards before- everyone else has video games...."
I felt bad for him and pulled out a second deck (was in vegas the week before and had several freebies) and gave it to the little kid.

He was thrilled and played with the cards and kept quiet the whole trip.:)

Nice gesture. Kudos to you! ^^^

World Traveler28 Feb 7, 2015 12:16 pm

When I was 15 a scary man sat next to me and kept asking me to give him pieces of the candy that I was eating.

SpewyMcSpew Feb 7, 2015 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by mikekelley (Post 24275963)
ATL-LAX. Some guy playing candycrush or whatever on the IFE. Only problem is that the IFE is in the headrest and DL doesn't use the handheld controllers. Every. Second. For Four Hours. This guy was tapping my headrest. I went to scold him and saw that it was an old dude who was probably 90. He gets a pass...grumble!

I think I had a similar nightmare, lol! Sounds like DL doesn't screen their IFE games beforehand.

floridastorm Feb 8, 2015 9:45 am

Originally Posted by KoKoBuddy (Post 23737923)
Lots of posters here having fainting spells because the OP mentioned the annoying guy was Lebanese. Yet when someone mentions the annoying guy is French or Russian....crickets.

Exactly. Too much political correctness going on. :p

LaserSailor Feb 8, 2015 9:49 am

Originally Posted by morigianna (Post 24275936)
just for a giggle-

I was seated in an asile seat and was playing solitare with cards on my traytable. I keep feeling hands pull the seat back and my hair being pulled. I am annoyed but figure it was accidental. It continues several times. I turn around to yell at someone and find a little head looking at me hanging onto the headrest standing in mom's lap.

I look confused and she says - "I'm sorry he has never seen cards before- everyone else has video games...."
I felt bad for him and pulled out a second deck (was in vegas the week before and had several freebies) and gave it to the little kid.

He was thrilled and played with the cards and kept quiet the whole trip.:)

He just took third place in the WSP and 750000 usd...he's putting in a nice word about you in his memoirs.

LaserSailor Feb 8, 2015 9:50 am

Originally Posted by World Traveler28 (Post 24309042)
When I was 15 a scary man sat next to me and kept asking me to give him pieces of the candy that I was eating.

It's scarier when they offer you the candy in their panel van, unless they are French or Russian...

sunseeker Feb 8, 2015 11:13 am

HAM-MUC

this chap sitting next to me, the moment he sits, starts peeling, whatever it was, off his face.

me: "please stop it"
him: "why don't you look away?"
me: "okay, right after you let me fix whatever you AND i think is wrong with your face!"

dude had both his hands on his knees all the way to MUC...

cdn1 Feb 8, 2015 2:20 pm

A passenger once occupied my seat on an OS flight to VIE, and later proceeded to eat my special meal (as I went to the lavatory momentarily). He was in my assigned seat so the crew must have thought he was the one who ordered the meal.
He was already in the window seat upon boarding, so I had to sit in the aisle.

Can't say he was annoying, but what he did was not right. If he wanted a window seat he could've just asked. I didn't mind the aisle seat......and I couldn't select it during advanced seat selection.

Tchiowa Feb 8, 2015 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by cdn1 (Post 24314322)
A passenger once occupied my seat on an OS flight to VIE, and later proceeded to eat my special meal (as I went to the lavatory momentarily). He was in my assigned seat so the crew must have thought he was the one who ordered the meal.
He was already in the window seat upon boarding, so I had to sit in the aisle.

Can't say he was annoying, but what he did was not right. If he wanted a window seat he could've just asked. I didn't mind the aisle seat......and I couldn't select it during advanced seat selection.

Why didn't you insist he get our of your seat before take off?

HMO Feb 8, 2015 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Tchiowa (Post 24315185)
Why didn't you insist he get our of your seat before take off?

And had advised the FA about your special meal? :confused:

Loren Pechtel Feb 8, 2015 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by SpewyMcSpew (Post 24309345)
I think I had a similar nightmare, lol! Sounds like DL doesn't screen their IFE games beforehand.

They shouldn't put games on those things anyway--any game is going to involve too much touching.

If the sensor was good enough it could be played gently. I used the United system once--it took substantial pressure to get it to register.

chris19992 Feb 9, 2015 1:57 am

Annoying guy in middle on a Silkair flight last November. I was at my usual window seat and guy in maybe late teens/early twenties sits in the middle and start shaking his legs constantly which proceeded to annoy both me and the guy in the aisle seat.
Felt like the flight was doomed before takeoff but silver lining was that the aisle guy made the annoying middle guy go find another seat down the back of the plane just after the takeoff.

Ended up with a nice peaceful flight back to Singapore after that.

cdn1 Feb 10, 2015 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by HMO (Post 24315700)
And had advised the FA about your special meal? :confused:

I went to the loo for 3-4 mins and by the time i returned the meal had been served ( a little too quickly I was not expecting it that quick).

Lesson learned for next time though. :o

UA1K_no_more Feb 10, 2015 6:22 pm

Seat pullers.
Seriously, why can't you use your own seat and/or armrests if you need something to hold onto when you get up?
If I'm in the mood, I'll sit with my seat upright, but with the recline button pushed. When the seat grabber behind me thinks it's a good a idea to use my seat to heave themselves out of their seat, he gets a surprise :)

Tchiowa Feb 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more (Post 24327372)
Seat pullers.
Seriously, why can't you use your own seat and/or armrests if you need something to hold onto when you get up?
If I'm in the mood, I'll sit with my seat upright, but with the recline button pushed. When the seat grabber behind me thinks it's a good a idea to use my seat to heave themselves out of their seat, he gets a surprise :)

I thought I was the only one who did that. :)

One minor annoying/amusing thing I've seen many times. Sitting in F waiting for the rest of the plane to board. Some guy gets on, looks at his boarding pass, 34C. So he looks at the first row. Row 1. Nope. Goes to the next row. Row 2. Looks at his boarding pass. Nope. Does that row by row in F. Gets to the curtain and sees the tiny seats in Y. Then tries to go back to Row 1 and check again in case he missed Row 34 being hidden somewhere betwen Rows 1 and 4.