FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   What's the most annoying passenger you've encountered? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/1622393-whats-most-annoying-passenger-youve-encountered.html)

Tizzette Jan 27, 2015 10:57 am

Now let's see if anybody pipes up objecting to mentioning that the offensive people were French and Russian.

lloydah Jan 27, 2015 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Tizzette (Post 24243474)
Now let's see if anybody pipes up objecting to mentioning that the offensive people were French and Russian.

Oh come on! You absolutely KNOW someone will :rolleyes::rolleyes:

caverunner17 Jan 27, 2015 12:51 pm

On a 6:50AM RENFE train from Madrid to Sevilla. Coach class (2nd class?) was pretty much empty. In the particular car I was in, there was maybe 5 other passengers out of maybe 40 seats.

I plop my backpack down on the seat next to mine and half-pass out since it's so early

As the train is leaving the station, a guy comes up to me and (wakes me up) says something along the lines of "you're in my seat" I'm a bit confused since it's my first time on a Spanish train and I'm not fluent in Spanish and I didn't even realized there were assigned seats. Sure enough it says Plaza 7A. Now, in the Spanish I do know, I thought Plaza meant platform or something like Platform 7A. Anyways, I'm like Oh -- Sorry. I notice that 7B has a person in it, so I just move back a row since the car now has 6 people in it. The original guy starts making a fuss about how we are assigned seats etc (in English this time).

I'm like dude, chill the .... out. The car is empty. Seriously?

tentseller Jan 27, 2015 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Tizzette (Post 24243474)

Originally Posted by lloydah (Post 24243919)
Oh come on! You absolutely KNOW someone will :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oui, en français (Canadian bilingual)
et
Да, по-русски (learned many colourful Russian expressions)

The shock of an Asian looking man saying these to them was more effective than the words itself.

Amelorn Jan 28, 2015 4:29 am

Originally Posted by brewdog11 (Post 24233175)
Transcon J, LAX-JFK redeye flight. An inebriated, malodorous gentleman takes the seat next to me right as the door closes (flight was waiting on him since he wanted to maximize time at airport bar, and he even bragged about it, mentioning the announcements they were making for him in the terminal).

Right after departure, he gets sick and vomits several times into the duvet right before he passes out. Vomit was all over the duvet and his shirt, but he had no problem sleeping in it anyway. J cabin smelled like puke the rest of the flight, and he woke up right before landing laughing about it and commenting on how he needed to take a shower and have "the hair of the dog" :rolleyes:...

Wow.

Sounds like someone is on the fast-track to rock-bottom.

makeUturn Jan 29, 2015 8:45 pm

I observed this a couple of months ago. I board in Zone 1 and take my coach aisle seat. Mr. Snot Head (the reason for the name will become obvious) boarded right behind me and took his aisle seat one row up and across from me. Toward the end of the boarding a very over sized woman boarded carrying a 3 or so year young child and a small bag. Mr. Snot Head has a snarly look on his face as soon as he sees the woman and makes a remark I could not hear to the passenger in the seat next to him. The large woman takes the seat directly behind him (across the aisle from me) with the child in her lap. Before she could get fully settled, he slams his seat into full recline pinning the small boy to the woman at the time she was attempting to place the bag underneath the seat. A FA comes by and starts helping the woman unpin the child and stow the bag. Much to my surprise, The FA never asks the man to raise his seat. Oddly, the woman and child took it all in stride and the child was a delight throughout the short flight. He was smiling and waving to everyone around and was very cheerful. However, just after landing, with the guy still in full recline, the child developed a case of the sniffles and used the most convenient thing around to wipe his nose. That happened to be the back of the man's head and hair which was just a couple of inches from the child’s nose. He finally raised his seat after that.

Tchiowa Jan 29, 2015 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by makeUturn (Post 24260112)
I observed this a couple of months ago. I board in Zone 1 and take my coach aisle seat. Mr. Snot Head (the reason for the name will become obvious) boarded right behind me and took his aisle seat one row up and across from me. Toward the end of the boarding a very over sized woman boarded carrying a 3 or so year young child and a small bag. Mr. Snot Head has a snarly look on his face as soon as he sees the woman and makes a remark I could not hear to the passenger in the seat next to him. The large woman takes the seat directly behind him (across the aisle from me) with the child in her lap. Before she could get fully settled, he slams his seat into full recline pinning the small boy to the woman at the time she was attempting to place the bag underneath the seat. A FA comes by and starts helping the woman unpin the child and stow the bag. Much to my surprise, The FA never asks the man to raise his seat. Oddly, the woman and child took it all in stride and the child was a delight throughout the short flight. He was smiling and waving to everyone around and was very cheerful. However, just after landing, with the guy still in full recline, the child developed a case of the sniffles and used the most convenient thing around to wipe his nose. That happened to be the back of the man's head and hair which was just a couple of inches from the child’s nose. He finally raised his seat after that.

You might want to re-write this. According to your story the guy reclined his seat before take-off and kept it reclined through take-off, through the flight, through landing.

Why don't I believe that?

makeUturn Jan 30, 2015 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Tchiowa (Post 24260411)
You might want to re-write this. According to your story the guy reclined his seat before take-off and kept it reclined through take-off, through the flight, through landing.

He did keep the seat reclined from shortly after the woman set down and until the child wiped his nose on his head. That is why I was surprised that the FA did not ask the man to raise his seat at least while she was trying to assist the woman and child and prior to take off. I think he did it purposely to annoy her since he did not like the way she looked.

Schmurrr Jan 30, 2015 11:09 am

Actually, on a recent flight, a man in the row in front of me reclined his seat during boarding (and did not raise it for takeoff). As a result, my seatmate (behind him) had trouble stowing her bag under the seat when she arrived. She told me she didn't want to make a fuss about it, but I considered making a fuss anyway, since my understanding is that seats are required to be upright during takeoff and landing in part to speed up evacuation of the plane if there is an emergency. (Accordingly, the man's action was not only inconsiderate but potentially unsafe.) The FA didn't notice any of it.

Richym99 Jan 30, 2015 8:19 pm

[/quote]
I considered making a fuss anyway, since my understanding is that seats are required to be upright during takeoff and landing in part to speed up evacuation of the plane if there is an emergency. (Accordingly, the man's action was not only inconsiderate but potentially unsafe.) The FA didn't notice any of it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the reason I used when somebody did that to me after boarding a SIN-NRT flight last week. Sat down and immediately went fully reclined. Just told him that once we were airborne, I had no problem with him reclining, but while on the ground, I wasn't going to allow him to compromise my safety if he had to get out quickly for any reason, and please put his seat back upright.

He was surprised to be challenged so directly, but did as he was asked and unreclined until after wheels up.

Annalisa12 Jan 30, 2015 8:38 pm

My husband is annoying. He watches movies throughout the whole flight, even when it's a night flight. Oh, he also likes to look out the window so often has his shade up when people are trying to sleep. Bugs me.

Annalisa12 Jan 30, 2015 8:41 pm

I've seen recliners during take off. Qatar F the flight attendants tried to have a man put his seat up but he wouldn't or ignored the FA. The FA then asked the 2 women flying with him if they could have him put his seat up for take off. They had no luck so the FA just walked off and we took off with him lying down.

ThePointsCollector Jan 31, 2015 12:37 am

I was next to really old Indian woman who was swallowing coughed up mucus every two minutes. I asked her to stop and she smiled in return and said "hi", so I figured she didn't speak english. Thank God this wasn't a full flight so I was able to move right away.

morigianna Feb 1, 2015 11:45 pm

just for a giggle-

I was seated in an asile seat and was playing solitare with cards on my traytable. I keep feeling hands pull the seat back and my hair being pulled. I am annoyed but figure it was accidental. It continues several times. I turn around to yell at someone and find a little head looking at me hanging onto the headrest standing in mom's lap.

I look confused and she says - "I'm sorry he has never seen cards before- everyone else has video games...."
I felt bad for him and pulled out a second deck (was in vegas the week before and had several freebies) and gave it to the little kid.

He was thrilled and played with the cards and kept quiet the whole trip.:)

Hengilas Feb 1, 2015 11:55 pm

ATL-LAX. Some guy playing candycrush or whatever on the IFE. Only problem is that the IFE is in the headrest and DL doesn't use the handheld controllers. Every. Second. For Four Hours. This guy was tapping my headrest. I went to scold him and saw that it was an old dude who was probably 90. He gets a pass...grumble!