Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

A request for the gentlemen re in-flight lavs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A request for the gentlemen re in-flight lavs.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 9elf S
I find the two-handed approach to work well. One hand to aim and the other braced against the "bulkhead" above the toilet. The real mystery for me is the puddle in front of the urinal in airport restrooms.
Second this--this is the best way to aim.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
Second this--this is the best way to aim.
More so than aiming, I find this the best way not to hit my head on the bulkhead in case of sudden turbulence, knocking myself out, and then falling in toilet or puddle on the floor.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: *G
Yourin is yucky.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k MM, KLM Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by TheGr81
Yourin is yucky.
Considering this is a 4-page thread about pee on the lav floor, imagine what would have happened if I'd posted about #2 (hopefully not on the lav floor)
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Everyone who can stand should count their blessings - I am an amputee and have no legs, so the only way I can get into/out of the bathroom on most planes without an accessible restroom (which includes almost all single aisle planes) is to use the floor. I bring latex gloves and an old pair of sweats that I use expressly for this purpose and plan accordingly so that I don't have to use the restroom except for very long hauls or emergencies, but still when I do have to go, it can be a nasty experience.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Houston.Business
Let's be realistic too. Yes, I've had my share of blind aiming, but some women aren't all that innocent either. No one want's to sit on a strange toilet seat, and a few of the ladies bend over and take some wild shots themselves.

Either way, people have to clean up after themselves. And yes, I've stopped and reminded countless people heading to the lav in their socks.
I believe the proper nomenclature for this is "the hover technique". Complete with workout for you your quads, whether you want it or not.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by lagunas2k
Although a port-o-potty by size measures is more spacious, I wonder if they would ever consider adding those funnel style urinals on the side of the lav like that have in port-o-potties. The space issues is the main concern, but this would greatly reduce "splatter." I would think.
And installed low enough, they will double as the perfect "shelf" for little kids needing to stash they stuffed bear or blanket before they go tinkle.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: BA
At the Airport

Originally Posted by 9elf S
I find the two-handed approach to work well. One hand to aim and the other braced against the "bulkhead" above the toilet. The real mystery for me is the puddle in front of the urinal in airport restrooms.
People are getting ready for the turbulence and start to sway. Or could it be to do with the number of bars at the airport?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:55 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
I guess no more than paper refill. Never seen a FA actively cleaning the lavs, and I'd say rightfully so. Their task is different.
On my last flight on a cathay 747 I was quite surprised to see the cabin crew diligently checking and cleaning the first class lavatories after each passanger...

Middle eastern and asian carriers it seems to be standard ops to keep an eye on the lavatories in all classes which on a long 7-12 hour flight is needed.

I mostly fly BA where the Cabin crew won't lift a finger to do anything not explicitly in their job description and thus leave them to rot in all classes.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Man, all our secrets are coming out... Territorial nature, split streams, low pressure, just poor aim...
Well for those who advocate men sitting there is the issue that in confined spaces it is sometimes difficult when sitting to get the aim down, with the consequence of a horizontal stream shooting underneat the toilet seat all over ones pants and the floor.

Im not sure what people think urine contains but apart from the smell generated from the breakdown of amoniacal compounds there is little threatening in urine. Im sure we have all watched survival shows where people have drunk their own urine out in the desert! Toilet door knobs are another matter, no telling what has been rubbed off on those but a fair dose of e-coli is a high potential risk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.