Wiki Posts
Search

Reduced price flights in the US when coming from overseas

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, Priority Club, Delta, AA

I remember that some years ago there was this thing, when buying tickets from Israel to the US, that if you need at least 3 additional legs in the US they would be like $100 each.

Does this thing still exist? How is it called? How can one purchase something like this? I remember this from travel agents era...

Thx!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:20 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold

It was called visit USA pass and I think northwest and united both offered it. Search on Google for visit USA pass.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
We had a similar plan with Qantas in Australia - also done via travel agent. The funny thing was this is wasn't tied to the overseas segments as we flew NZ. I remember it as being sort of an "fly as much as you want for $xxx" plan and we certainly got value - Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Ayers Rock, Perth, Sydney.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I don't think it exists any more. However, it's quite likely that your ticket will include one free stopover, and perhaps two. You can utilize these to give you almost free internal flights. Let us say that you want to go to San Francisco and New York. With a fare which permits one stopover, you can fly to New York, stay there a few days and then fly on to San Francisco and then return directly, all at no extra cost (other than tiny airport fees), assuming availability of tickets in the appropriate fare bucket. Two stopovers would permit you to return via Chicago, for example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.