Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

CNN Today feature about visibly ill travelers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond

they had a segment on whether visibly ill people should be allowed to travel, that ebola symptoms and flu symptoms are similar, blah blah and NEVER mentioned the fact that maybe the reason sick passnegers dont cancel is because of the exorbitant fees!! I also beleive they should have face masks at counter and encourage anyone who looks sick to use one. otherwise, there isnt a whole lot you can do!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:21 pm
tjl

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
"Visibly ill" and "contagious" are not the same sets of people. Some visibly ill people do not have anything contagious, and some contagious people are not visibly ill (or even have any idea that they have have any contagious illness).

Note that the real flu is a serious illness, but people tend to use "flu" to describe all kinds of generalized illnesses that can be much less severe.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

By the way, it is flu shot season. I got mine 3 weeks ago, I'm stronger, richer, and better looking already.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
By the way, it is flu shot season. I got mine 3 weeks ago, I'm stronger, richer, and better looking already.
that i dont doubt
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:29 pm

I just got off the phone with a friend who is convinced that flu shots are "poison" and there is absolutely no evidence that they either prevent the flu or lessen the symptoms. He's actually quite brilliant in several areas but he's got these little bug-a-boos.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by nlkm9
that i dont doubt
I'll bet you say that to all the guys.

Originally Posted by uszkanni
I just got off the phone with a friend who is convinced that flu shots are "poison" and there is absolutely no evidence that they either prevent the flu or lessen the symptoms. He's actually quite brilliant in several areas but he's got these little bug-a-boos.
You don't know how often I hear that nonsense, often from people with terrible lungs who might well buy the farm if they get the flu.

What's that old saying about hydrating equines?

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Sep 23, 2014 at 10:24 pm Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:34 am

Anyone have a link to the segment or perhaps an article? Sounds interesting but a quick Google search didn't yield anything for me.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CX HK
Anyone have a link to the segment or perhaps an article? Sounds interesting but a quick Google search didn't yield anything for me.

it was on CNN headline yesterday...I have no clue how to post a link. it was very ebola-centered, but talking about how TSA could partner with the gate crews on this issue.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:21 am
Original Poster

I'll bet you say that to all the guys.

true dat
Old Sep 23, 2014, 2:58 pm
tjl

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
Originally Posted by nlkm9
it was on CNN headline yesterday...I have no clue how to post a link. it was very ebola-centered, but talking about how TSA could partner with the gate crews on this issue.
I remember walking through an area of HKG where an infrared camera displaying on a large screen was aimed at the passengers, apparently to check for any feverish passengers.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You don't know how often I hear that nonsense, often from people with terrible lungs who might well buy the farm if they get the flu.

What's that old saying about hydrating equines?
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him think?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by tjl
I remember walking through an area of HKG where an infrared camera displaying on a large screen was aimed at the passengers, apparently to check for any feverish passengers.
It's still there, and it is right before immigration. Monitoring has been stepped up recently due to the ebola outbreak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.