Wiki Posts
Search

Please help with my ticket dilemma

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Hi folks!

So basically I'm British and my girlfriend from NY is coming over this summer, and then I plan to come back with her, so one return flight for each of us. I don't know if it's possible to get adjacent seats on even the same flight for her return and my outgoing, but if any of you have experience of this or know what to do that'd be great!
Also I'm doing this on a fairly tight budget so cheapest options are best.
Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:38 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
It would help to share what airline.

As for now, I'll move this to Travelbuzz forum.

Willie
co mod CommunityBuzz forum
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

I'm not fussed about what airline, really. Price and getting the adjacent seats are the priority for me
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

you wont be able to guarantee adjacent seats on any airline until you get on the plane. if you book now, there may be equipment changes, or other factors, which can result in moves. the best thing to do is book and monitor your seat selection, calling the airline if something changes
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

OK thanks. Do you know if booking through a third party like Travelocity would still be able to manage a request like this?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:59 pm

The key issue here is that while most US-based airlines assign seats at the time of booking (so you can pick seats and move them around at will), BA charges an extra fee for this.

So either travel a US-based airline, or shell out the money to prebook your seats.

Last year, for long and complicated reasons, our family was traveling together, but my wife and I were on a separate booking from the kids (aged 8 and 5 at the time). On our way home, we reached Heathrow to discover that BA had upgraded us to Premium Economy but left the kids in steerage. Thankfully they were able to seat us together in the end... but now we're spoiled by the Premium Economy experience
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

even if you buy tickets through travelocity, you will have to contact the airline for seat assignment issues post-ticketing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.