Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Has anyone brought gifts to flight attendants when you board?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone brought gifts to flight attendants when you board?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:36 pm

So far, we have had at least two examples of cabin crew declining a gift (money or goods)
I think it's safe to say that these are honest reactions which reflect their viewpoint and the airlines viewpoint.

When gifts are gratefully received, I'm curious to know whether that is a genuine reaction or is the
recipient taking the path of least resistance and/or simply being tactful.
Perhaps when there are indications of gratitude from an individual or a procession of cabin crew, are they
simply playing along with the donor's expectations?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Carnforth
So far, we have had at least two examples of cabin crew declining a gift (money or goods)
I think it's safe to say that these are honest reactions which reflect their viewpoint and the airlines viewpoint.

When gifts are gratefully received, I'm curious to know whether that is a genuine reaction or is the
recipient taking the path of least resistance and/or simply being tactful.
Perhaps when there are indications of gratitude from an individual or a procession of cabin crew, are they
simply playing along with the donor's expectations?
Maybe the reactions on both sides are honest.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by cheltzel
That's why when I did it I made sure to buy a sealed box of very high quality chocolates for the one time I did it. The plastic wrap would have made it impossible for me to doctor the chocolates (unless I had am industrial grade wrapping machine).
easy to wrap stuff again..I see that happening on the customs shows when they find drugs in professionally looking things.

My pilot friend said they should never eat a gift.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by deniah
only on special occasions. like a flight over new year's. many of the staff came over and thanked me. they were very nice - but thats LX and service would be great regardless.

for a regular flight? seems odd to do so
so i've done the DEC 31st PM flight now 5 years in a row. brought a token snack each time (chocolate covered pecans, that sort of stuff).
Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by cheltzel
That's why when I did it I made sure to buy a sealed box of very high quality chocolates for the one time I did it. The plastic wrap would have made it impossible for me to doctor the chocolates (unless I had am industrial grade wrapping machine).
Plastic wrap hardly makes it "impossible" to tamper with an item. A sensible person would take your gift, say thanks and then toss it once out of your presence.
Annalisa12 and Carnforth like this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 1:11 am

No, thats ....ing creepy
Annalisa12 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Another possibility

I’ve never brought gifts for flight attendants, but if I’ve finished a magazine or paperback, I’ll offer it to them when I’m leaving, especially fun ones like People or Entertainment Weekly. They always seem to appreciate it.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by Angryman22
So off I went to the galley where a bunch of them were gathered, relaxing or chatting. Some were having a snack of their own. I thanked them for being there and ensuring the safety for all of us. I apologized on behalf of some prima donna pxs who were rather demanding. All of them thanked me back and asked if they could do anything for me. I politely declined and stated I didn't want anything but thanks for the offer. After a while I managed to catch the two FAs who were really going extra mile to help out. Quietly thanked them for what they were doing and handed the greeting card. It was unexpected for them and you could see the surprise.
I'm sure they 'enjoyed' you disturbing a quick break for a snack and the 'surprise' was at your rather odd attempt to act as some sort of unappointed passenger representative/apologist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.