Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Are there lounges at itinerary stops offering a shower at a reasonable rate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Hi I am flying from glasgow to christchurch via dubai and sydney on my own for first time. I am flying economy class and would really like to have a shower at both stops. Where do I go? The marhaba lounge at dubai is quoting 48GBP plus extra if you want a shower! There is also a gforce spa? Can anyone help me with what my best options are? a £50 shower is not my idea of appropriatte!!

Thanks
Alison
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kasslliealison
Hi I am flying from glasgow to christchurch via dubai and sydney on my own for first time. I am flying economy class and would really like to have a shower at both stops. Where do I go? The marhaba lounge at dubai is quoting 48GBP plus extra if you want a shower! There is also a gforce spa? Can anyone help me with what my best options are? a £50 shower is not my idea of appropriatte!!

Thanks
Alison
Look on the bright side: at least there *is* an option. A lot of airports in this world don't have a lounge, with showers, that sells daypasses. The more common daypass lounges are cheaper but do not have showers.

Honestly, most economy passengers making that trip would shower in Scotland and resign themselves to the fact that their next shower is going to be in New Zealand. I know it's a long trip, but that's what most travelers on this itin would do.

If I was going to take one shower during this itin (for whatever reason), I think I'd look to take it in Sydney. How you looked at options there?

Welcome to FT.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
Honestly, most economy passengers making that trip would shower in Scotland and resign themselves to the fact that their next shower is going to be in New Zealand. I know it's a long trip, but that's what most travelers on this itin would do.
Yep. There used to be a cheap-ish shower option in Singapore but the rise of Emirates etc on the Australasian routes means you're often skipping it in favour of Dubai.

You've still got a 14hr flight to Sydney and a 5 hr flight to CHC ahead of you so the £50 Dubai shower is too early in the trip to make much odds anyway.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:17 am

If I recall correctly, there is free shower area in DXB.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
According to Sleeping in Airports:
there are free showers located at Gate B13. You need your own towels.
I think Emirates/Qantas code-shares use Terminal B so in theory it should be possible.
However, we have found that we had very little actual time on DXB transits between UK & Aus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.