Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

A Guy Asked for .........in his hotel room.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2013, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Gold, DL Silver, Avis First, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat

I program radio stations in real life, this morning one of the morning guys were talking about this story, thought it was appropriate to share...(hope it's in the right section)

Last month, a guy was booking a hotel room online, and in the "special requests" section, he jokingly asked for three red M&Ms on the counter and a picture of bacon on the bed. And when he got to his room, he found out the hotel had actually FULFILLED his request. There were three red M&Ms on the counter, and a framed picture of bacon was sitting on the bed.

Pics posted here....
http://imgur.com/a/mY8gl
Old Jul 16, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
that's awesome.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
That is too funny

Great customer service though.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 3:05 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The person who made the request has been offered a free stay because of all the publicity he has generated for the hotel. From his facebook page

A Director from the Woodlands Resort reached out to me via email to thank me for the post and to let me know that if I wish to return to let him know and I will be able to stay at no charge as his guest.

Win win for everybody.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 3:41 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I am just disappointed that the hotel did not put the M&Ms on a plate or napkin... who knows how clean that desk top was....
Old Jul 16, 2013, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
:d
Originally Posted by wharvey
i am just disappointed that the hotel did not put the m&ms on a plate or napkin... Who knows how clean that desk top was....
ROTFLOL
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
I am just disappointed that the hotel did not put the M&Ms on a plate or napkin... who knows how clean that desk top was....
It's OK. I'm sure they soaked them in cleaning fluid first, just to be safe. ....oh, wait....
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Typical bloody FT'er. Never satisfied

Anyway what makes you think the plate would be clean?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
A Guy Asked for .........

Awesome. ^
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by irockfm2
I program radio stations in real life, this morning one of the morning guys were talking about this story, thought it was appropriate to share...(hope it's in the right section)

Last month, a guy was booking a hotel room online, and in the "special requests" section, he jokingly asked for three red M&Ms on the counter and a picture of bacon on the bed. And when he got to his room, he found out the hotel had actually FULFILLED his request. There were three red M&Ms on the counter, and a framed picture of bacon was sitting on the bed.

Pics posted here....
Somebody at that hotel has a great sense of humor.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:11 pm

I'm so anal...those were peanut M&Ms, which he didn't specifically request. What if he had an allergy? lol
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by irockfm2

Pics posted here....
This has to be the funniest request. I almost spit out my drink laughing so hard. I've made some good requests but never at this level. I mean when its my birthday I see if the hotel can do something special. I've had good sparkling wine put in the room. Sometimes when I'm a return guest I get chocolate covered strawberries or the cheese platter.

This seems like a great hotel as they put three M&Ms. Wonder if this person has OCD or Aspergers and would flip out if his request were not met. A photo of bacon hmmmm much rather have a certificate to use for the breakfast buffet thank you very much.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: Delta, United
That is great and props to the hotel.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Lufthansa Miles & More
Simply awesome.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:37 pm

Awesome! LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.