Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Can I get passport pages added in person?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2013, 3:57 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
True-ish. I have a 10-year Brazilian visa, and I'm thinking of going back to Brazil. I just added some pages because I wanted the visa in my passport if I go back.
From the Brazilian Consulate page

I have a valid visa issued on my expired passport. Do I need to request a new visa?

If you have a valid visa in an expired passport, you can travel with both your passports (the expired one, with the valid visa AND the new passport) and you will not need a new visa to enter Brazil, AS LONG as the visa in the expired passport is still valid.
Old May 25, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold

You can in person if your currently abroad, if at home then through mail. Maybe it changed but that's what they told me at the us embassy in Mongolia when I had extra pages added about two years ago
Old May 25, 2013, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many US Embassies require an appointment for visa pages. Their website will say if they do, otherwise just walk up as early as they open and ask for the passport office.
Old May 25, 2013, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You can do it in person even in the USA if you visit one of the passport offices. I've done it in NYC and San Diego. In both cases I got an appointment based on travel in the next 14 days and in both cases I dropped it off around 10am and had it back by 3pm.
Old May 25, 2013, 8:28 pm

How many visa pages

Originally Posted by cakegirl
I'm in the U.S. I guess I will make a local appointment 2 weeks out and bring my proof of travel. I can't send it off right now because I need to have my passport for my Global Entry interview in 2 weeks. My local passport office doesn't take walk-ins, appointment only.

I'm still uncertain on the "how many empty pages I will need" question.
I have my passport pages being added as we speak. 4-6 weeks on a standard request I have plenty of time to kill .to answer your question about how many pages you need the web site says 2-4 pages should be sufficient, but I don't know how many countries your visiting on this trip. hope that helps
Old May 25, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Originally Posted by cakegirl
I'm in the U.S. I guess I will make a local appointment 2 weeks out and bring my proof of travel. I can't send it off right now because I need to have my passport for my Global Entry interview in 2 weeks. My local passport office doesn't take walk-ins, appointment only.

I'm still uncertain on the "how many empty pages I will need" question.
I recently renewed my passport. Paid the expedite fee and also sent it in via overnight delivery. It only took eight days to get my new passport. Sent it in on Monday, received it back the following Tuesday. I'm guessing it wouldn't take any longer to send it in to add pages if you pay for the expedite option.
Old May 25, 2013, 9:48 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
I had mine added at the embassy in Santo Domingo. Dropped off in the morning, picked up after lunch.
Old May 25, 2013, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I had passport pages added in Cape Town. It was a hassle. They had to do a security check with the State Dept which because of the time difference meant at least overnight. They wouldn't let me pick it up in person; had to DHL it to our hotel. If you're out of the US, I'd check with the embassy/consulate to see esactly what the procedures are.
Old May 25, 2013, 11:56 pm

Programs: Lots
Quick thread hi-jack...

Is there a limit to the number of extra pages you can get? I've had them add extra pages once but I'm running low and still have about 4.5 years left on this passport. Worth getting another 26 (or 52?) pages?
Old May 25, 2013, 11:58 pm
Community Director Emerita

I had pages added in San Diego. In hindsight, I should have simply gotten a new passport. It was the same price or thereabouts. It would be advantageous to have one with a chip. I think I have 4x normal pages in the present one, so it is really thick.
Old May 26, 2013, 1:09 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
You should be charged anywhere you have them added. I think it's $82 or so. Always ask for 2 sets to be added for the same price.

And of course, when ordering a new passport, always get the version with more pages, at no extra charge.
No charge in Dubai 3 weeks ago. They didn't even mention there was a cost now in the States. Walked in with no appointment and 20 min later it was ready

***ive had pages added 3 times & this time I was told they would not be able to do it again (3 is max). The real pain is years ago, I could get a NEW passport issued in Dubai at the consulate. This is no longer done (and hasn't been for a while). For those expats out there, the embassy, consulate now must send the paperwork to the US & new passports are made there and sent back by diplomatic courier. This is now the last good reason to have 2 American passports
Old May 26, 2013, 2:12 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cordelli
It really doesn't make much sense to add in pages unless your passport is only a year or two old, at least to me. It makes much more sense to get a new passport, and get the 52 page version.
For me, getting the additional pages at consulates/embassies abroad makes sense. I travel way too much in such a way that otherwise I would be additionally inconvenienced, financially and otherwise, in having to get a new passport book every time one of my initial 52-page passport's pages filled up. And that is even with two passports.

If I were only traveling internationally every three weeks or less frequently than that, then perhaps I would consider a new passport; however, I would still have to carry the older passports, even when cancelled as part of a renewal. For better or worse, my international travel schedule is far more frequent than once or twice a month, which means the same-day service abroad for additional page supplements is really useful, financially and otherwise, for me.
Old May 26, 2013, 2:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
No charge in Dubai 3 weeks ago. They didn't even mention there was a cost now in the States. Walked in with no appointment and 20 min later it was ready

***ive had pages added 3 times & this time I was told they would not be able to do it again (3 is max). The real pain is years ago, I could get a NEW passport issued in Dubai at the consulate. This is no longer done (and hasn't been for a while). For those expats out there, the embassy, consulate now must send the paperwork to the US & new passports are made there and sent back by diplomatic courier. This is now the last good reason to have 2 American passports
New, extra-short duration passports are still issued locally at some US consulates/embassies for rushed situations. What is done is to use the passport blank in conjunction with an affixed visa-like sticker page for the biodata page; that sticker has the bearer's photo and other info. That temp passport can be turned in and exchanged for a standard US passport, at no additional charge, to complete out the validity period of (most ordinarily) ten or five years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.