What Are You Most Annoyed About on Your Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Are You Most Annoyed About on Your Flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:34 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Gate lice. I mean really, is it that hard to look at the number on your boarding pass and board only when your boarding group is called as opposed to clogging up the line?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by goalie
Gate lice. I mean really, is it that hard to look at the number on your boarding pass and board only when your boarding group is called as opposed to clogging up the line?
Gate Lice,haha, I hear you on that,some people need to get pointed out. If I notice it I will say something,but that is mostly on Southwest. On United it is what it is,by groups,it is up to the Gate to say hey,get in the back.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Just because an FA says they won't fit doesn't make it true.
^

I used to fly a lot with KLM out of BRS, cheaper and quicker to go through AMS than dragging my arse up to a major airport.

They used Fokker 70's out of BRS and I had a bag that would fit under the seat and could cram 5 days of clothes in it. Coming back from SIN once we were bussed to the plane as usual at AMS for the flight to BRS, but the FA on the apron insisted I ramp check the bag as it wouldn't fit, even though it had done at least 30 times before !
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: UA
A half an hour bus ride from the plane to the terminal at FRA. What's up with that?

Also fuel stops on "non-stop" flights from the east to the west coast.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:59 am

I can deal with rude passengers/FAs...what I don't like is when I'm on my overseas flight, and AA/UA tells me that despite my carry on being within their rules, there's no room for it. The only issue I have with that is that usually, I carry an extra set of clothing, my camera, and my meds in that bag as they won't fit in my personal item (laptop bag). One year they took it away and didn't bother to give me time to take anything out...thank goodness I didn't need the extra set of clothes. Either they need to limit the size of carry ons even more, or they need to redesign planes in the future to have better storage space...although I have seen that the newer planes are definitely better for that. But the old 757/737 jets are just so cramped. And I didn't even bring max size carry on.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by irockfm2
So your the one slowing down the line
No, there is no line at this stage. The fat middle aged guy is giving himself a heart attack by jogging past everyone else so he can spend more time than the rest of us waiting at the carousel. But you knew that was what I meant
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by backprop
Anyone who tries to cheat - whether it's bending rules (putting two bags in the overhead and none underneath seat, on a full flight), or taking a seat that's not theirs, or spreading out and encroaching on others - basically any form of 'unjust enrichment.'
Exactly!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: Platinum
SFO fog
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:37 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
(putting two bags in the overhead and none underneath seat, on a full flight)
Sorry, but you absolutely and unconditionally cannot blame the passenger for this one. This problem resides squarely with the airline.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Sorry, but you absolutely and unconditionally cannot blame the passenger for this one. This problem resides squarely with the airline.
I don't get it. Are you referring to enforcement? That's fine, and I'm not assuming the passengers get away with it, but it's still annoying when they try it.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:18 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Annoyed if the plane has no staircase.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I don't get it. Are you referring to enforcement? That's fine, and I'm not assuming the passengers get away with it, but it's still annoying when they try it.
Nothing to do with enforcement, and everything to do with charging for checked bags, inept and incompetent handling of checked bags, and cramming the rows so close together there are simply not enough cubic inches under a seat for a bag and two feet.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: Miles&More, Hemköp kundkort
Anyone who tries to cheat - whether it's bending rules (putting two bags in the overhead and none underneath seat, on a full flight), or taking a seat that's not theirs, or spreading out and encroaching on others - basically any form of 'unjust enrichment.'
Another +1 on this. And parents who don't tell their little princes and princesses to stop kicking the back of my seat.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:03 pm

This. Not to mention people who exhibit a complete lack of consideration for those around them, more specifically, fellow passengers who are rude for no apparent reason. A bit of respect goes a long way.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Nothing to do with enforcement, and everything to do with charging for checked bags, inept and incompetent handling of checked bags, and cramming the rows so close together there are simply not enough cubic inches under a seat for a bag and two feet.
I've never had a problem with it.

That said, everyone is in the same boat. That one person tries to take advantage of what little another person has is....get this...annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.