Reload this Page >

Feet on the headrest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feet on the headrest

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
One sentence could have ended this:

"This lady keeps putting her feet up, and every time she does, she kicks me in the head. Please find a way to stop her from kicking me in the head!"

Any physical contact initiated by Tashi could have been grounds for assault charges upon landing.

Physical contact initiated by the rude lady, on the other hand, is not Tashi's fault. But the threat of assault and failure to obey a flight crew charges might have had more effect than the simple "put your feet down, you're being rude."
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:23 pm

"Madam, the smell of your feet is making me nauseaus. Please understand that should I be ready to vomit, I will aim for your lap."
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
The longer this thread goes on the more impressed I am that Tashi didn't use any of the numerous forms of revenge people have suggested
Old Feb 22, 2013, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
Originally Posted by exilencfc
The longer this thread goes on the more impressed I am that Tashi didn't use any of the numerous forms of revenge people have suggested
haha... no, as much as I was uncomfortable in the flight, I still asked this lady that I was willing to straighten up my seat back if that would help her. I told her once, the FAs told her three or four times, if that didnt help then I dont know what would have helped her. Lucky for her there was no one sitting on the middle seat next to her and on the middle seat next to me. Had it been people there then I dont know what those people would have done.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:24 am

Programs: Solitarie PPS, Marco Polo Gold, Mileage Plus Premier
Not sure if anyone of you had seen this before but don't be shock if you'll be in SQ J class.

Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Salmontes
WOW.
My head is swimming.

Wouldn't it be far less obnoxious to put his legs over the center of the seat next to him?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Plato1
My head is swimming.

Wouldn't it be far less obnoxious to put his legs over the center of the seat next to him?
Those are first class seats (maybe I am wrong) but they would recline. The seatbelt on his chest makes it even funnier.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
In line with the theme of this thread, below is a picture of a woman's foot on my wife's seat's armrest. The woman behind my wife (whose shoe is pictured) kept kicking my wife's elbow while it was on the armrest but never thought to take down her foot on her own.

Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
The no-nonsense strict school teachers I had as a child would have cured these feet on headrest types with a simple remark such as "Now, now--I am sure your parents did not raise you in a barn...Put your feet down immediately and sit properly".

Goodness knows they could use advice such as that.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS-GoldMVP,Hilton, Hyatt, Hertz
Originally Posted by FindAWay
In line with the theme of this thread, below is a picture of a woman's foot on my wife's seat's armrest. The woman behind my wife (whose shoe is pictured) kept kicking my wife's elbow while it was on the armrest but never thought to take down her foot on her own.

Wow. I think that woman was on my flight the other day. Kept putting her foot on my armrest and kicking me in the elbow. I turned and said, "DO YOU MIND??"
She said...."No I don't mind at all......"
(I supposed I asked for that one)
But I told her to put her foot down or I'd break it. She called me a bit*( but put her foot down.

I do think if I were the OP, I would complain to UA about it. Totally unacceptable!!!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:21 am

Feet on the headrest

Judging from his actions, OP is a much better person than I am...

:O
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
Originally Posted by Emeraldcity
I do think if I were the OP, I would complain to UA about it. Totally unacceptable!!!
I showed it to the FA's on my ORD-SAN flight and they said that I should have put this on YouTube.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:56 pm

If this had happened to me, after the medical condition excuse, I would have started reclining my seat and then putting it upright, over and over again. If she objected to this, I'd tell her that I suffer from severe hand spasms and that as someone with a fellow medical condition, she should be sympathetic to my plight. I'm pretty sure the feet would have come down from above my head after that.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:35 pm

Programs: Former AA Gold, SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Andy Big Bear
Even a big fat hippy like me finds this unacceptable. Personally, at the point she decided to disregard the most polite approaches, I would have gone into "freak the mundane" mode and pretended I was a foot fetishist and I regarded her encroachment into my space as flirting.
^This. OMG this. Best. Answer. Ever. Filing this one away for future use....
Old Mar 10, 2013, 6:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue ; Qatar Privilege Club, KrisFlyer
Feet on the headrest

Taking a photo of any offensive behaviour (regardless of whether you publish it or not) is usually a way to change the behaviour. I have used this on persistent touts, aggressive beggars and the like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.