Wiki Posts
Search

First name and Last name in wrong sequences on air tickets

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

First name and Last name in wrong sequences on air tickets

Hi All,

I have booked an air ticket online, and I have accidentally keyed my first name under the last name column, and I can't check in my flight online.

So I'm just wondering whether will I still be able to fly of my name and spelling are all correct, but in wrong sequence?

*Am flying from Singapore to New York.

Thanks in advance, I'm in a panic mode now.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by le70schick
Hi All,

I have booked an air ticket online, and I have accidentally keyed my first name under the last name column, and I can't check in my flight online.

So I'm just wondering whether will I still be able to fly of my name and spelling are all correct, but in wrong sequence?

*Am flying from Singapore to New York.

Thanks in advance, I'm in a panic mode now.
This is one of the most common situations for passengers to fly with a non-"exact match" between ticket name and photo ID name to/from/within the US and elsewhere.

Thousands of people fly in your kind of situation daily without any reason to panic.

The issue ordinarily in such cases is airline agent finding your record when swiping your passport. Just tell them your first name and last name are switched and they will find it using the record locator. The other common issue in such circumstances is that frequent flyer mile credit doesn't occur automatically -- retroactive flight credit is ordinarily required.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your prompt respond.

I am getting worried here, as I have called up the online portal in which I have booked my tickets from, and all the officer in charge told me was that I have to scan my passport and email it to their support desk, but they can't give me a confirmation whether will it be possible to change it, and that I might be denied to board my flight, which will be in 24 hours time.

Should I proceed to printing out my e-tickets if they do not get back to me?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

I am getting worried here, as I have called up the online portal in which I have booked my tickets from, and all the officer in charge told me was that I have to scan my passport and email it to their support desk, but they can't give me a confirmation whether will it be possible to change it, and that I might be denied to board my flight, which will be in 24 hours time.

Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by le70schick

Proceed to print out your eticket/itinerary and keep it with you for check-in. Just make sure to check with your travel agency before heading to the airport that the eticket/itinerary remains valid and is what it is (because it is possible that the travel agency may get your eticket/itinerary changed and then you will wish to have the updated eticket/itinerary printed out and with you for presentation too).

[Not that this matters at this point, but if I were in your situation, I wouldn't have said anything to the travel agency or the airline about it; instead I would simply have dealt with the issue at the airport check-in counter.]
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Thank you once again for your advise.

My fingers are crossed, I really hope all will go well.

Thanks a million!
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

which name is to go first and which name last? i think the majority of the world population lists names the opposite of the occidental system. in much of the orient, the family name is listed first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.