First Class airline meals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class airline meals

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Some airlines will keep your meal and ready it up for you whenever you feel like it. That's something to consider.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: QF CL
Is the OP asking whether they can refuse the meal at the time of booking and thereby save some cash from the ticket price? Biz and first class ticket pricing structures don't work like that...
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
"And we'll start you out with a big tumbler of 18 year old Scotch, as well. You'll sleep like a baby!"
Answer: Just bring two tumblers and stop there.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by txbimmerfan
I was wondering if one were to fly First Class to Europe on say Lufthansa or United/AA/Delta, can they request no evening meal in advance? I ask this since most east bound trans-Atlantic flights leave in the early to late evening.

You see, as I get older, my digestion is slowing down as in if I eat a meal after 7:00PM, I can count on serious indigestion, causing sleep to be rough or impossible. On an upcoming trip to Europe in either late 2012 or early 2013, I am willing to try paying the serious $$$ for a First Class ticket to see if I could truly sleep on a plane (a short doze as been the best achieved to date) to see if the lie flat seat/beds would allow me to truly get off of a plane in Europe actually feeling like a human and not a zombie...however, eating the meal provided, no matter the quality, would defeat the purpose of the "experiment"...and waste a lot of shekels.
Originally Posted by Sunny 1
When we last flew Virgin out of IAD they did serve a decent dinner in their lounge before we boarded. We were given our "sleep suits" on board. I highly recommend Virgin Atlantic!
Note: OP can even consider skipping transatlantic travel overnight altogether. Virgin Atlantic and some other carriers also offer day flights. In the case of VS, they have flights leaving EWR in the morning, getting into LHR in the evening. Did you ever consider that?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
As I am YVR based I never got to sample Virgin Atlantic. However, I did fly British Airways business class and can attest that the seats convert to wonderful zzz. Tip to others reading this: if you are willing to risk it, grab a premium economy ticket and try upgrading on the day of the flight. In my case, when I tried to upgrade a couple weeks earlier it was 2500 GBP but by the time I got to Heathrow it melted just below 500GBP which I happily accepted. Work, sleep, yay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.