Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying oral product in Mexico, Brazil

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

EDITED: Buying oral product in Mexico, Brazil

Sorry this post may be a bit off travel topic. But I am a traveller myself and would love to go down to Mexico or Brazil to buy some oral products since they are the manufactuing countries and don't know why they have more choices down there... However I am not able to make it down now and would hope someone can recommend me some Mexician or Brazilian or Central American websites that sell colgates products and can ship to the US. I have tried to look up few sites and seems like they don't do international shipping. Thanks and your help is appreciated!!!!!!!

Last edited by bearbb7; Jun 5, 2012 at 4:43 am
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: CO Gold
we do have more variety? I normally do the opposite, I buy stuff like toothpaste and deodorant in the US

Eventually almost everything I see new there makes its way to the supermarket down the road from my house BUT at a buck or two higher

your best bet is to just find someone coming down here and bringing it to you on his luggage
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Hi wolfie_cr and another flyetalk member that has pm me, thanks! So I guess I should just post out the link what I'm looking for in particular... (it seems I can't find it in US though)

http://www.londondrugs.com/msib20/En...3132_large.jpg

or this one

http://www.colgate.com.mx/Colgate/MX...tal_menta.html

the tape version not the floss version

Hope someone can give me some suggestion where I can buy it here...or some websites that can ship it up, if somebody happens to be down there would love to see if there's chance of bringing me a few:-:, or help shipping few to me (yes we can discuss about this) Thank you so much!

Last edited by bearbb7; Jun 5, 2012 at 4:31 am
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: CO Gold
unfortunately we dont have that here (I have never heard of dental TAPE )

how about these? perhaps not as good as colgate but while you get someone in the brazil/south america forum that could help you with this

http://www.drugstore.com/search/sear...&Go.x=0&Go.y=0
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I use a dental tape (oral B) but I warn you, your dentist won't like it! Regular floss (coated, uncoated) hurts me when I floss, so rather than not floss, I use the tape. But it doesn't work as well as floss does at grabbing debris. My dentist acknowledges it is better than nothing but not as good as floss, and makes me take samples of floss to try. Tried a new 'spongy' floss he gave me last night and I had trouble sleeping because my gums were throbbing!!!

All this to say, you can buy tape in Canada, I'll take a look to see if we have the Colgate one, in which case you might be able to buy online here and ship down (I think London drugs is Canadian, but not near me).
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wolfie_cr
unfortunately we dont have that here (I have never heard of dental TAPE )

how about these? perhaps not as good as colgate but while you get someone in the brazil/south america forum that could help you with this

http://www.drugstore.com/search/sear...&Go.x=0&Go.y=0
Thanks wolfie_cr, yes not as good, but has to use the other one for now!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emma69
I use a dental tape (oral B) but I warn you, your dentist won't like it! Regular floss (coated, uncoated) hurts me when I floss, so rather than not floss, I use the tape. But it doesn't work as well as floss does at grabbing debris. My dentist acknowledges it is better than nothing but not as good as floss, and makes me take samples of floss to try. Tried a new 'spongy' floss he gave me last night and I had trouble sleeping because my gums were throbbing!!!

All this to say, you can buy tape in Canada, I'll take a look to see if we have the Colgate one, in which case you might be able to buy online here and ship down (I think London drugs is Canadian, but not near me).
Yes tape feels better but yeah... it will be nice if we can find it up here or Canada... if not then seems like only Meixco, Brazil... has the other one!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
My mom and I both have too many teeth in our mouths We like the goretex floss by Glide - nice & thin to get between those tightly packed teeth

http://www.amazon.com/Glide-Dental-O.../dp/B001F51RAG

It actually pops up on Amazon if you do a search of dental tape: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ds=dental+tape

No Colgate though....
Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:39 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Does it have to be Colgate? Other brands of dental tape are sold by Drugstore.com (oral b) and Walgreens (their own brand) CVS (their own brand)l, Amazon (quite a few brands).
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emma69
My dad the dentist always tells me to use the woven floss. I find it's easier on my gums and better at getting stuff out.

He also says that Glide floss is so slick that it frequently misses getting stuff out.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
My dad the dentist always tells me to use the woven floss. I find it's easier on my gums and better at getting stuff out.

He also says that Glide floss is so slick that it frequently misses getting stuff out.
Yes, well, some of us cannot physically get the woven floss between our teeth, so as noted - something is better than nothing. And my dentist agrees (and I don't have any problems with my gums.....YMMV)
Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by bearbb7
Buying oral product in Mexico, Brazil !
For a second I thought this thread would be better served in OMNI.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

I just found that one was very good, yes using the glide one that my dentist gave me for now... well... maybe time to try out orab b tape too... but at least not giving up still looking for my colagte!
Old Jun 7, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Me too! I HAD to click on this thread... just in case.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gamecock
That would be "oral service" rather than "oral product"

................................such as, for example, Dentistry (oh ye of filthy minds).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.