busted for over 62" luggage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

busted for over 62" luggage?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Was flying out of DCA a few weeks ago and when boarding, the GA was having everyone who had a larger than normal looking bag place it in that "does your bag fit" open box thing usually placed out by the ticket counters. Saw at least 5 pissed off people come on the plane afterwards
Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:41 am

Location: USA - HNL, SEA, DEN, ORD, MCO, and all points inbetween
Programs: Way too many!
Some of my HNL to ORD flights get very twitchy about carry-on luggage and do a mandatory gate-check on any carry-on that is over the limit.
These flights are typically packed to the bulkheads, so they have to be on vigil.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by slawecki
"you're 2" oversized"
That's what she said... :-D
Old Apr 11, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, NK, WN
As someone who uses 3 oversized bags (66") all the time (3-4 times per year), I confirm that higher FF status does absolute wonders. As long as the weight is below the limit, no one ever says a thing to me. However, years ago, when I had no special status yet, no one ever said anything, either, but maybe I was lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.