Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dissertation Help!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emma69
Re the earlier question, legislation and legal factors that may result in strategic changes, the European legislation regarding compensation to passangers when delayed etc. has probably had a not insignificant impact.

ESTA and advanced passenger information rules may have affected carriers to the US from visa waiver countries (people needing to book further in advance, not show up at the airport to book their flight).

Working time directive (in terms of crew scheduling etc)?

Equal opportunity legislation ?

Cabotage rules ?

Chapter 11 legislation ?
Thanks for your reply, I've already discussed many of these in my literature review.

Does the Working Time Directive apply to airlines? It doesn't apply to hospitality as staff can sign a consent saying that they will work more than 48 hours. Do Airlines do the same thing?

My questions are looking more for personal opinion and experiences, I do have a set interview question form if anyone would be willing to answer, just drop me a PM with your email and I can send more info.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by 2rhalleron
My questions are looking more for personal opinion and experiences, I do have a set interview question form if anyone would be willing to answer, just drop me a PM with your email and I can send more info.
Create an online survey at a site like surveymonkey.com and post the link
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

My project is based on qualatitive data rather quantative due to the nature of my degree. So surveys do not provide enough data for my to compare and at the late stage of my dissertation, a survey wouldnt provide a large enough response for my to analyse and compare
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Sorry I stand incorrect. I've created a survey

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LS3D73V

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.