Wiki Posts
Search

visa refusal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:53 am
Original Poster

visa refusal

if you have been denied a visa for the USA does it show up on your
e passport i am an Australian citizen and can i enter the usa if i go through canada and come in by land
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:54 am

If you try to enter the US by any route your refusal will show up.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
These things are tracked electronically.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: AC,CO,UA,US,BA
Do they offre you to "withdraw your application"? If so, you can do another try, but prepare all the supported documents. As you will have to pass the secondary inspection.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jagger85
e passport i am an Australian citizen and can i enter the usa if i go through canada and come in by land
You're an Aussie citizen and you were denied a US Visa?
that's very uncommon. sorry to hear that..

Do they track it even if you fly to Vancouver and drive down? I would assume so but i'm not sure.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
US Visa Denials

Originally Posted by jagger85
Aussie denied TRAVEL visa to US is unusual.

Can be many reasons...but visa applications from countries like India, Thailand, China are routinely denied within 30 seconds of in person interview despite completely documentd including gguarantee of paying for a dead visitor at the sponsor's expense. !!!!! Seems a lot depends on volume am
Nd subjective assessments of the file.

Have heard that your chances for a second bite will improve dramatically if the local US Congress member requests the State Dept to review the app.

And yes, the system now knows you have been denied so does not matter how you enter...
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by HMPS
Aussie denied TRAVEL visa to US is unusual.

Can be many reasons...but visa applications from countries like India, Thailand, China are routinely denied within 30 seconds of in person interview despite completely documentd including gguarantee of paying for a dead visitor at the sponsor's expense. !!!!! Seems a lot depends on volume am
Nd subjective assessments of the file.

Have heard that your chances for a second bite will improve dramatically if the local US Congress member requests the State Dept to review the app.

And yes, the system now knows you have been denied so does not matter how you enter...
If your passport require that you need a visa to enter USA then it would not help by trying to enter via Canada by land. The same passport is swipe and verified with the same computer database that denied your application.

Beside nationality or passport, US DHS also take your country of birth and other long periods living in a country into account on your visa application.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by tentseller
If your passport require that you need a visa to enter USA then it would not help by trying to enter via Canada by land. The same passport is swipe and verified with the same computer database that denied your application.

Beside nationality or passport, US DHS also take your country of birth and other long periods living in a country into account on your visa application.
Doesn't even matter if you, at some point, don't need a visa. The fact that OP was denied a visa will show up for a long time. OP doesn't tell us why he was denied and that may make a great deal of difference.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
It is the person's name and bio info that hits in the system. Dual citizens often get caught because they apply for a visa nder one passport, ie: Australian and then apply to enter the US using a UK passport.

Once a person applied for and is denied a visa, they cannot use the visa waiver program. On the ESTA aplicaton, one question is if you applied for and were denied a visa.

Entering from Canada, Mexico ect.. a person will still be inspected with the person's name checked in the TECS system.

Would not try it if were me. Go back to the US embassy to see if you can overcome the denial.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 3:30 am
Original Poster

visa refusal

thanks for the response can re-apply straight away wich is good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.