Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vie -> yto -> yvr -> lax -> nyc -> vie

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Vie -> yto -> yvr -> lax -> nyc -> vie

Is this a good idea if I want to travel in September this year from EU(Vienna) to Canada for 2 weeks ( 1 week in Toronto a 1 in Vancouver) and then go to US and stay there for 1 month (2 weeks west coast, 2 weeks east coast)?

This route costs via cheapoair.com $1740.34 which seems pretty good price to me. What do you think?

Is this route good for combining the first visit of US and Canada?

Which cities do you recommend?

Should I change e.g. Toronto for Montreal as my gate to Canada or is Toronto a good choice?

Are there any border issues e.g. if I want to visit NYC from Toronto via bus for 2 days and instead of getting to NYC from LAX I would go from LAX to Miami and from MIami to Europe. Are multiple entries OK for EU citizens? I would be travelling via ESTA to US and Canada is for 6 months ok without VISA.

Last edited by adamstar; Jan 19, 2012 at 5:20 am
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:05 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Exclamation

Originally Posted by adamstar
Is this a good idea if I want to travel in September this year from EU(Vienna) to Canada for 2 weeks ( 1 week in Toronto a 1 in Vancouver) and then go to US and stay there for 1 month (2 weeks west coast, 2 weeks east coast)?

This route costs via cheapoair.com $1740.34 which seems pretty good price to me. What do you think?

Is this route good for combining the first visit of US and Canada?

Which cities do you recommend?

Should I change e.g. Toronto for Montreal as my gate to Canada or is Toronto a good choice?

Are there any border issues e.g. if I want to visit NYC from Toronto via bus for 2 days and instead of getting to NYC from LAX I would go from LAX to Miami and from MIami to Europe. Are multiple entries OK for EU citizens? I would be travelling via ESTA to US and Canada is for 6 months ok without VISA.
In my opinion you should route yourself as follows: VIE-YUL(3 days)-YYZ(4 days)- YYC (2 days) - YVR (3/4 days) - SFO(4 days) - LAX (4 days) - LAS(2/3 days) - ORD (3 days) - NYC (5-6 days) - VIE

Multiple entries is fine, no issues there. And as far as staying for 6 months, i'm sure you will need a visa. IIRC when entering canada by air/land/sea with a non candian/us passport you get stamped for 3 months.

As far your original routing idea goes, i think it'll be a better experiance if you take in canada for a while and then work your way theough the US, you'll notice how similar but yet how differant we are from the USA.

Also look at going to Quebec city (YQB) it's a 2hr30min drive from YUL. Ottawa, the capital is a 2hr drive from YUL.

Be sure to check prices with WestJet, Porter, Air Canada, Canadian North (If you feel like checking out the northwest territories)

Please feel more than free to PM with any question or concerns you may have!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:53 am

Other options: look at Via Rail if you want to do Montreal -- Toronto. It's a pleasant trip, about 5 hours, with the bonus of going downtown-downtown, instead of YUL-YYZ, which is a hassle at both ends.

I'm not sure I'd recommend the bus for Toronto-New York but, as the previous poster mentioned, look at Porter Air. They fly downtown Toronto (not YYZ) to EWR (easy train ride to Manhatten) and often have 30% or more off sales.

If you're spending two weeks in California, I highly recommend renting a car and driving along the Pacific from L.A. to San Francisco. Overnight it in Big Sur or Carmel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.