Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone ever heard of Streamline Air?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Platinum,AA Platinum, Amex Platinum
Anyone ever heard of Streamline Air?

With Southwest pulling out of its BOS-PHL route, I am looking for an alternative to US Airways since I know they're already jacking up the price, have any of you ever heard of Streamline Air? Apparently they fly out of satellite airports for BOS and PHL, and someone told me they have free checked bags and free food? Anyone heard of these guys?

I checked out their website, www.iflystreamline.com, they seem lagit, but I'm curious if anyone has used them?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:38 am

Streamline

Yeah, I've flown Streamline a few times; they fly from Hanscom Field right outside of Boston to Trenton/Philly outside of Philly. They are a great outfit, you're right about the free bags and food, and they also give out free drinks! It's first class service all the way. Plus the airports are way better than Philly, Logan, or Newark, they have free parking too, so that will save you money on top of not getting gouged by US Airways. Above all, the staff actually treats you like they care about your business; you're not just filling a seat. It's like flying used to be, I couldn't recommend these guys more!
Right now they only fly the one route, but word on the street is that they're expanding. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later!

Happy flying, but one thing, change your username, clearly the Bruins are superior
Old Jan 12, 2012, 1:15 pm

Never flew them but I see their EMB-120 around Hanscom. If you have never flown out of BED, I can say it's a nice little airport. Free parking, easy access to I-95 and no congestion. Rental cars are available if you are not a local.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Day Trip

I used Streamline for a day trip last Thursday. It was great! I will post a trip report in the trip report section!

Here is my trip report

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post17884704

Last edited by FlyersFan617; Jan 25, 2012 at 10:24 am Reason: adding my trip report
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Hasn't the BED-TTN route been tried before by one of these little start-ups? (I'm thinking one of the many incarnations of the Pan-Am name?). Anyhow, it seems like it would be a hard one to make work...TTN in particular is pretty far from Philly proper especially if you are trying to appeal to same-day business travelers. Looks like their walk-up fares are $600 round-trip which is still pretty steep.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Yes, Boston-Maine Air (PanAm 3 I think?) tried it a number of years ago, they were doing okay, but they got their operating certificate pulled... Hopefully that doesn't happen to Streamline, because I love these guys. And if you book in advance you can do it for $200 RT. I made the trip quicker from Philly proper than I could flying out of PHL, but maybe I just got lucky?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.