Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best product to fly as a couple to Europe

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Best product to fly as a couple to Europe

My goal is to fly to Europe with my gf and treat her to a nice trip. I have miles on Alaska, Delta, British Air and US Air. My home airport is PDX, but SEA is a short 3 hour drive north so either departure point is fine. Plan is to fly into one city (not decided yet) and then take the train to multiple destinations. We would fly home from the other end of Europe 10 or 12 days later so it would be an open jaw for sure.

We want to fly business class, but we also want to be able to sit together and talk during the flights. Most of the products I have looked at are great for single travelers as people get their own little space. However, we would like to enjoy the time together as well as have a nice experience with the little egg shapped pods, ect. The only requirement is we want at least one of us to have window seats.

Considering who I have miles with, which product (airline and aircraft) will be the best product for my needs? Estimate date of departure is about 9 to 12 months away.

What are your thoughts?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:38 am

Programs: All of Them
US airways envoy off peak to Europe on A332 is the way to go! select the two seats in the center. Only 60K Each!

Originally Posted by thesnoopster2
My goal is to fly to Europe with my gf and treat her to a nice trip. I have miles on Alaska, Delta, British Air and US Air. My home airport is PDX, but SEA is a short 3 hour drive north so either departure point is fine. Plan is to fly into one city (not decided yet) and then take the train to multiple destinations. We would fly home from the other end of Europe 10 or 12 days later so it would be an open jaw for sure.

We want to fly business class, but we also want to be able to sit together and talk during the flights. Most of the products I have looked at are great for single travelers as people get their own little space. However, we would like to enjoy the time together as well as have a nice experience with the little egg shapped pods, ect. The only requirement is we want at least one of us to have window seats.

Considering who I have miles with, which product (airline and aircraft) will be the best product for my needs? Estimate date of departure is about 9 to 12 months away.

What are your thoughts?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA has the two seats in the center that are perfect for couples.. If you want a window seat though you would be facing your partner, great for talking, but not really intimate...
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by bl540611
US airways envoy off peak to Europe on A332 is the way to go! select the two seats in the center. Only 60K Each!
+1

US Envoy availability for its own members is pretty decent.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:13 am

US Airways is certainly nice for what you are describing, but not the only way to go.

Airlines that have a good business class for couples and are an option with the miles you have:

AA
AF
KL
BA
DL
IB
US
LH
LX

There are many airlines that have good business class prodcucts for couples (check airlines.net pictures or trip reports on FT for more details). I suspect the biggest challenge will be finding the best routings that you need.

If you have about 200k miles on each airline you mentioned, you could a lot of great options. If you need to combine between the two, you sill have options but might need to get creative.

Good luck.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Since this query is mostly about which airline & aircraft to use I'll move it to TB!
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: LOL, ROFL & ...
The BA pods in club world with the divider we're good enough for us. You face each other but you're not going to be close like in coach.

Use the plane time for sleep and the hotel beds for other stuff
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The new CO BF seats are also set in pairs in most cases and are quite comfortable IMO. I like LX better, but CO offers a quite proper option. I'd avoid LH C as much as possible. Lots of inventory often but a generally sub-par product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.