Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Pan Am: how was it, is the TV show unrealistic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pan Am: how was it, is the TV show unrealistic?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220
I agree the attack in "Grand Central Station"
Did they really make that mistake? I missed it, how far into the episode is it? Seems like something a proof-reader should have caught before the script was approved.

Edit:
uh, it would appear not:

$ grep -i terminal Pan.Am.S01E07.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.srt
$ grep -i grand Pan.Am.S01E07.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.srt
$ grep -i central Pan.Am.S01E07.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.srt
Uh, we could go to central park,
$ grep -i station Pan.Am.S01E07.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.srt
at the train station...

Last edited by zkzkz; Nov 14, 2011 at 7:31 pm
Old Nov 15, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Today was just lame.

Emergency landing in Haiti, a dying man, a refugee, leaving all luggage behind, men with guns, FO driving around Haiti, too far fetched even for a TV show.
You forgot to mention the biggest ever hole-in-the-plot. They landed at a deserted airport but a movable staircase appeared out of nowhere so they could deplane, and disappeared for take off just as miraculously! LOL
Old Nov 15, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
You forgot to mention the biggest ever hole-in-the-plot. They landed at a deserted airport but a movable staircase appeared out of nowhere so they could deplane, and disappeared for take off just as miraculously! LOL
I was laughing at that too. I will admit that I like watching the show. It is totally mindless fluff. I record it on my DVR and tend to watch it in 30 minute part over two days during lunch (I work from home and like a mind-numbing break in the middle of the day)
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver
If you do a Google search for Aimee Bratt you can read more about what Pan Am was like from a flight attendant's perspective. It seems that in the 1980's things really went down hill! Her book is Glamour and Turbulence: I Remember Pan Am, 1966-91.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220
Pan Am did another 1.8 rating in the demo last night, 6 November, suggesting its numbers have stabilized in a vulnerable zone. This latest ep had virtually nothing to do with Pan Am or the airlines-and-airports meme. It was all about interracial romance and Yugoslav espionage. The alleged star, Ms. Ricci, was also barely in it.

Yes, I watched it instead of the AMC zombies. I blame inertia and not having the energy to find AMC again on our insane channel lineup.
I was bored and in the mood for self-torture, and watched that episode this week.

I am not familiar with the cast, but are they such poor actors in other roles? The writing is abysmal, but it seemed to be combined with very poor acting as well. Both storylines were poorly written and conceived, but the actors playing the Yugoslav diplomat and the spy/stewardess were especially awful, I felt.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
another snooze fest episode tonight

I am only watching it because its on at 7pm ET, although I think 60 minutes wouldve been be more riveting than tonight's episode.

oooh a cliffhanger

Last edited by rankourabu; Dec 4, 2011 at 6:00 pm
Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: Non-Rev Lifetime
Apologies if this has already been posted.

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/archives/018567.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.