Wiki Posts
Search

seat switching made easy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
seat switching made easy

And, sometimes, folks, it is civilized and rational.

Me in 27D, MrQ in 27F, empty seat between us.

Other passenger: "Sir, I think you are in my seat. I have 27F."

MrQ: "Oh, let me look at my boarding pass. You are right, I'm in 28F. I guess I just assumed I was in the same row as my wife. I'll move right away."

Other passenger: "No problem. I'll just take your seat. You can stay with your wife."

MrQ: "Thanks. That works for me."

Me: "That's very nice of you, thanks."

Imagine that. No screaming, no hysterics, no drama. Just a nice, normal interaction between civilized adults.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
There is no place for behaviour like that in today's society.

Disgusted of Surbiton.

Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:32 pm

Was that a dream?
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:08 pm

Programs: DL GE
Aahhh, guess my pun won't work if I actually read the post LOL!

nm
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:58 am

hehe. You must not encounter this very often judging by how surprised you are. I actually never really had any problems with asking people to switch seats. If they said no it was fine with me
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:08 am

A few years ago I sat in the wrong row on an AC flight from YYZ-LHR. It was totally my fault. When the passenger that had the boarding card for the seat that I was sitting in arrived, I realised my mistake and got up to move. He said no problem he would sit in the row behind (my row).

However he then said in a very loud voice how surprised and shocked he was that I could make a mistake and sit in the wrong row. He then told me that I would be offered his veg meal and that I was to make sure that he got it. Then he felt the need to tell the crew what had happened. They asked him if he wanted to move and he said no.

Its funny how something that was my mistake at the very start and that I offered to fix by moving, turned into something that made me very angry.

Then again passengers behaviour on aircraft can be simply odd.

Alex
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:31 am
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
One row can be an easy mistake. Sometimes there may be mis-aligned rows, or the stickers above the row might be shifted a bit making it difficult to know if it applies to the row somewhat in front or somewhat behind the sticker. Also, perhaps there's no row 13 but after seeing row 12 one went back 3 rows to sit in Row 15 and wound up in Row 16 instead.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by element7
hehe. You must not encounter this very often judging by how surprised you are. I actually never really had any problems with asking people to switch seats. If they said no it was fine with me
To the contrary, that is the way it usually happens. Most people are polite and courteous.

It would be a surprise for anyone reading FT and all the message threads about people going ballistic if asked (even politely) to switch seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.