Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is chocolate OK to put in checked luggage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is chocolate OK to put in checked luggage?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 797-3
No, not ok.

Baggage handlers or TSA, not sure which, may steal them to eat. I've heard of many thefts, including clothes still in the wrapper, prescription drugs, etc.
I would somehow open the chocolates.. unwrap them..

and rewrap using saran wrap unprofessionally.. this will ensure that Baggage handlers and customs don't decide to have a quick snack..
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:11 pm
g11

Programs: SPG Gold, Sixt Gold
MrHalliday, I think you should just start shipping all that tasty chocolate to me
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by 797-3
No, not ok.

Baggage handlers or TSA, not sure which, may steal them to eat. I've heard of many thefts, including clothes still in the wrapper, prescription drugs, etc.
Package some Ex-Lax and they'll wish they hadn't helped themselves to the snack.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Michael El
Package some Ex-Lax and they'll wish they hadn't helped themselves to the snack.
I agree..

That is another deterrent technique.. lol!
Old Aug 21, 2011, 1:18 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by g11
MrHalliday, I think you should just start shipping all that tasty chocolate to me
That is what my Mother keeps telling me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.