Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibly Gay Male Flight Attendants

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 2:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by oneant
In my company, that's typically a result of nepotism.
My parents are both public servants. I grew up fortunate, but nepotism is not present in my life.
Old May 3, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Originally Posted by oneant

On a recent trip home from Paris on AA we had the best FA crew I've ever experienced. The three male FA's were the best. Attentive, fun, happy. I'd bet my status on these gents being gay.

Aside from those three, has anyone else but me found that the best FA's tend to be--based on my possibly very flawed presumptions--gay males?

Am I alone in this?
Interesting thread.

Across all the airlines I have flown with, and generalizing, I tend to agree with you. There of course also being nice and kind female FAs.
Old May 31, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond
So I am a man who is not gay, and had an interesting experience on my flight the other day. I was sitting in an exit row seat in coach and after beverage service one of the male FAs came over and started up a conversation with me. He worked in at least one time something about homosexuality as part of the conversation, which I didn't really respond to. Subsequently he brought me a beverage cup almost full of warm nuts from first class, and continued to refresh my water for the rest of the flight at a rate significantly higher than anyone else around me.

I am pretty sure he was trying to flirt with me, and in spite of my lack of responding other than just being polite, I definitely was getting special treatment.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Orion
Once at check in at Delta I was served by what I believe was a transvestite. She appeared to be a basketball player with a dress on. She was knowledgeable, helpful, courteous and was obviously happy to be at work. Though unsettling at first, this was a good experience for me. Perhaps I even grew a little bit.
I am enjoying this thread. I am very happy with the level headed responses.
Who, not what. A person, not a thing.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Lufthansa Silver, BA Amex, Starwood Platinum
Not sure I've noticed any difference in service depending on sexuality tbh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.