Wiki Posts
Search

Possibly Gay Male Flight Attendants

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
+1

My finest inflight cabin experiences have always been with gay male flight attendants. Always professional, upbeat, and funny.
Have you ever had any experience with a straight female or a lesbian FA?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ajax
Yes, I, too, found that wording peculiar.

Yes, I, too, question the value of this thread.

I find it interesting that people can assess someone's sexuality and then make a judgement based on it - good or bad.

Would you say "every one of the black FAs I've had has been excellent"? Of course not - even though it is a positive statement, it raises an issue that is not very appropriate. It is IMHO just as unacceptable to draw the same link between a gay FA's sexuality and their service level.

Except for that sexuality goes far beyond the bedroom. Prince Philip, Michelle Obama, Cherie Blair, etc. - you know these names because of the sexuality of their more-famous heterosexual spouses. These people certainly weren't keeping their sexuality in the privacy of their bedrooms and gay people should not be expected to either.
I agree with your sentiments. he title and the OP reminds me of "Some of my best friends are black."
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by PTravel
I agree completely. My only point was that judging someone because of the gender of who they happen to love is ridiculous. Everyone, gay and straight, should be able to be open and proud of their significant others.
Brilliant - thanks for clarifying. ^
Old Apr 14, 2011, 1:19 pm

Location: USA - HNL, SEA, DEN, ORD, MCO, and all points inbetween
Programs: Way too many!
Originally Posted by boboqui
Flying's really gone to pot, instead of sexy young stewardesses who made your heart beat faster, that you hoped to get their telephone number, (which yours truly did, once ).

All we get now are old geezers and gay men. Bring the short shirked sexy young stewardesses back!!!

-
Reminds me of something....
Was in the lobby of a Hilton years ago. Lobby-watching. Around 6 PM.
Flight crews were checking in to the hotel. US Air flight crew... schlepping luggage, overweight, shaggy dressed, looked worn out. AA and Untied not much better.
THEN COMES LUFTHANSA! Yeow!
You could hear the necks snapping in the lobby from all the men.
Tall Blond gals, short shirts, lots of legs, and even the hats right out of the 60's. Pilots? They were no schlocks either. I'm not a judge of man-flesh but the women in the lobby sure were checking them out.

Guy sitting next to me says ... "I gotta' start flying German airlines!"
I said "I gotta start DATING German girls!"
Old Apr 14, 2011, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by RobbieRunner
Reminds me of something....
Was in the lobby of a Hilton years ago. Lobby-watching. Around 6 PM.
Flight crews were checking in to the hotel. US Air flight crew... schlepping luggage, overweight, shaggy dressed, looked worn out. AA and Untied not much better.
THEN COMES LUFTHANSA! Yeow!
You could hear the necks snapping in the lobby from all the men.
Tall Blond gals, short shirts, lots of legs, and even the hats right out of the 60's. Pilots? They were no schlocks either. I'm not a judge of man-flesh but the women in the lobby sure were checking them out.

Was the Hilton in NoVa by any chance?

I saw the same thing. I think it was US Air but might have been some other domestic airline. But when the Lufthansa crew came in right after them, same thing, wow!
Old Apr 14, 2011, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Yaatri
Have you ever had any experience with a straight female or a lesbian FA?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
You are a good sport man. Glad that you took it in good humour.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Yaatri
You are a good sport man. Glad that you took it in good humour.
Thanks. I am. I can take it as much as I spew out
Old Apr 14, 2011, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Wasn't trying to start a firestorm of politcal correctness, nor give the holier-than-thou a chance to show how great they are in their fairness by posting on a public forum. I'm a pretty fair and balanced guy myself.

I simply stated my experience. If you don't have the same experience, great for you.

An FA is just an FA until they stand out in some way, just like a pax is just a pax until they do the same. I could generalise in even broader terms and say that I find male flight attendants to be nicer than female flight attendants. That could just be an instinctive reaction by the women to me being a male chauvenist pig. I should probably stop slapping their asses.

YMMV.........and apparently does. May you not have movie choices that suck on your next flight.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by oneant
Wasn't trying to start a firestorm of politcal correctness, nor give the holier-than-thou a chance to show how great they are in their fairness by posting on a public forum. I'm a pretty fair and balanced guy myself.

I simply stated my experience. If you don't have the same experience, great for you.

An FA is just an FA until they stand out in some way, just like a pax is just a pax until they do the same. I could generalise in even broader terms and say that I find male flight attendants to be nicer than female flight attendants. That could just be an instinctive reaction by the women to me being a male chauvenist pig. I should probably stop slapping their asses.

YMMV.........and apparently does. May you not have movie choices that suck on your next flight.
Why? Are you in it? Just kidding man.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Learn what 9909 means.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by RobbieRunner
+1
Old Apr 15, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
something else

Once at check in at Delta I was served by what I believe was a transvestite. She appeared to be a basketball player with a dress on. She was knowledgeable, helpful, courteous and was obviously happy to be at work. Though unsettling at first, this was a good experience for me. Perhaps I even grew a little bit.
I am enjoying this thread. I am very happy with the level headed responses.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Who gives a rat's fill_in_your_favorite_noun_or_verb?

If I have a flight attendant or gate attendant or who/what/when ever attendant who is courteous and helpful I am very happy.

People chasing after their peer influenced stereotype of their attractive sexual partner are missing the point and a lot else.

Is a gay male who has defied societies stereotyped sexual roles likely to defy societies other stereotyped roles and become a flight attendant? Yes.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:07 pm

Id had a few gay flight attendants give me 'special' treatment. I have to admit i have very very subtlely flirted back before. Hey hot girls use their looks to get things, why can't straight males do too

I am straight, i am not a metrosexual or anything like that, but i do always dress nice and ensure i'm well groomed, even when travelling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.