Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibly Gay Male Flight Attendants

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Possibly Gay Male Flight Attendants

This is one of the best thread titles I've seen in a long time. Keep up the good work!
Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
And have you seen Snakes on the Plane? (the male FA?)
Old Apr 13, 2011, 7:00 pm

IMHO, FAs have a really tough job...dealing with the general public in (sometimes) non hospitable circumstances. Passengers... give them a smile, say thank you, show them common courtsey, share a few jokes (non flight related of course). It makes flying a better experience for all. It doesn't matter to me what sexual preference one has. I just want as pleasant experience from point A to B as possible. I tend to be a nervous flyer - don't like turbulence - and in my expereince, the FA's have been a wonderful and calming presence. Thank you for what you do!!!
Old Apr 13, 2011, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
+1

My finest inflight cabin experiences have always been with gay male flight attendants. Always professional, upbeat, and funny.
How about the Jet Blue one? He was angry, bad tempered, damaged the plane, and stole 2 beers.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:47 pm

*tip toes back out of thread*
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:07 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by PTravel
"Lifestyle"?
Yes, I, too, found that wording peculiar.

Does it really matter to you what someone's sexual orientation is?
Yes, I, too, question the value of this thread.

I find it interesting that people can assess someone's sexuality and then make a judgement based on it - good or bad.

Would you say "every one of the black FAs I've had has been excellent"? Of course not - even though it is a positive statement, it raises an issue that is not very appropriate. It is IMHO just as unacceptable to draw the same link between a gay FA's sexuality and their service level.

As a society, we really need to get over this preoccupation with what strangers do in the privacy of their own bedrooms.
Except for that sexuality goes far beyond the bedroom. Prince Philip, Michelle Obama, Cherie Blair, etc. - you know these names because of the sexuality of their more-famous heterosexual spouses. These people certainly weren't keeping their sexuality in the privacy of their bedrooms and gay people should not be expected to either.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by alanR
QANTAS - Quite A Nice Type of Air Steward
Just depends ... could be Queer And Nasty, Try Another Service.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 3:39 am

Location: USA - HNL, SEA, DEN, ORD, MCO, and all points inbetween
Programs: Way too many!
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I enjoy professional, safety-minded, competant, fun, friendly flight attendants.

I could not care less if they are gay, straight, male or female.
BRAVO!
I agree.
I could care if they are bisexual Creatures from MARS!
As long as I get good service, I'm happy and I thank them - assuming I got good service that is (not THAT kind of service - ha!).

I always make it a point to say "Thank you for your great service!" when deplaning. Come to think of it... I best "brush-up" on my Martian!

Last edited by RobbieRunner; Apr 14, 2011 at 9:02 am
Old Apr 14, 2011, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajax
Except for that sexuality goes far beyond the bedroom. Prince Philip, Michelle Obama, Cherie Blair, etc. - you know these names because of the sexuality of their more-famous heterosexual spouses. These people certainly weren't keeping their sexuality in the privacy of their bedrooms and gay people should not be expected to either.
I agree completely. My only point was that judging someone because of the gender of who they happen to love is ridiculous. Everyone, gay and straight, should be able to be open and proud of their significant others.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 9:23 am

I really don't care who or what the FA might be screwing as long as they provide good customer service and, above all, are well trained in emergency procedures when my life may very well depend on them.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 9:48 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by oneant
So, let's just say that I've found overly-friendly, effeminate, swishy, happy male FA's to be the best of the bunch.
Effeminate does not necessarily mean gay. I have many effeminate straight friends with wife and children and gay people I tend to socialize with are more masculine than you could imagine .
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I enjoy professional, safety-minded, competant, fun, friendly flight attendants.

I could not care less if they are gay, straight, male or female.
+1. I have nothing against them, although if their service is not becoming, then and only then will I have problems.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:12 am

Admit it or not, we all have preconceived ideas as to whether someone is gay or not based on their appearance, actions, voice, etc.

Before I start, I'm a straight male.

On a recent trip home from Paris on AA we had the best FA crew I've ever experienced. The three male FA's were the best. Attentive, fun, happy. I'd bet my status on these gents being gay.

Aside from those three, has anyone else but me found that the best FA's tend to be--based on my possibly very flawed presumptions--gay males?

On a flight a few weeks ago from ORD-DFW, I stood in the front galley on an MD-80 chatting with the FA about crap in the Us Weekly--my sister in law leaves them in our bathroom so I catch up on gossip--for the better part of the flight. Again, I never asked, but assumed he was gay based on my own crappy judgement.

I gave that guy--along with the FA's from that CDG-DFW flight--AApplause thingies and even wrote in to AA about them.

Am I alone in this?
It does sound like they were HAPPY & enjoyed their JOB. God Bless Them !! We need more Happy FA to make our flying experiences a GOOD ONE

Last edited by harpodamann; Apr 14, 2011 at 10:12 am Reason: sp
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:30 am

Flying's really gone to pot, instead of sexy young stewardesses who made your heart beat faster, that you hoped to get their telephone number, (which yours truly did, once ).

All we get now are old geezers and gay men. Bring the short shirked sexy young stewardesses back!!!

-
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:47 am
Suspended

Admit it or not, we all have preconceived ideas as to whether someone is gay or not based on their appearance, actions, voice, etc.

Before I start, I'm a straight male.
On a recent trip home from Paris on AA we had the best FA crew I've ever experienced. The three male FA's were the best. Attentive, fun, happy. I'd bet my status on these gents being gay.

Aside from those three, has anyone else but me found that the best FA's tend to be--based on my possibly very flawed presumptions--gay males?

On a flight a few weeks ago from ORD-DFW, I stood in the front galley on an MD-80 chatting with the FA about crap in the Us Weekly--my sister in law leaves them in our bathroom so I catch up on gossip--for the better part of the flight. Again, I never asked, but assumed he was gay based on my own crappy judgement.

I gave that guy--along with the FA's from that CDG-DFW flight--AApplause thingies and even wrote in to AA about them.

Am I alone in this?
Your sexual orientation, nor that of an FA is an issue as long as you don't feel threatened. According to your theory, straight guys are not as good as their job as gay men? I hope you are an exception.

If your sister-in-law leaves crap in your bathroom weekly, you had better have a word with her.
Joking aside, I don't think sexual orientation make one be better or worse at their job. It's probably the prejudice that makes people think that when a male works in a female dominated profession, he must be gay. Just like a woman studying maths, physics or engineering is considered un-attractive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.