Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consoling someone who gave up an aisle seat for a middle

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat/1MM, UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by pinworm
Triple those mileage numbers, and I would move to the middle. I wouldn't do it for an hour for 1000 miles and certainly not 5 to 9 hours for 10,000 miles. I do 10,000 twice a month some months.
My March will be 22K, all short legs and pretty typical right now. I get more when going international. Just didn’t want to seem greedy. If they were to do this, they would not offer probably even my proposal since something less would get someone to move since all they have to do is announce “who would like to move to a middle seat, we are offering you X,000 additional miles”.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:18 am
Suspended

This thread brought me back to my early FF days when I was but 20 years old and always travelling alone.

It would frequently happen that I would be settled into my aisle seat and the FA would unseat me to allow a couple to sit together, this frequently meant the middle seat. And due to my age I was not "asked" by the FA, but told.
"You are moving to 16 B". No "Sir" or "please" or "would you mind?". And like a fool, I did it. I should have fought it.

Today, it would not happen, and if the issue was pressed I would be asking for the GA to come down. But then, today I am sure the FA's would not be so rude about it to me either. I read these posts and I think about those days with scorn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.